I tried posting this in the Jimmy eat world thread, but no one replied. Anyways, do you know of any good bands who are similar to jimmy eat world?
Jimmy Eat World are kind of your basic pop punk band.

Try anything in that genre like Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Yellowcard.

In reality, Jimmy Eat World are unique in their overall sound. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who sings like Jim.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by aebers79

Try anything in that genre like Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Yellowcard.

In reality, Jimmy Eat World are unique in their overall sound. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who sings like Jim.

Yeah, I really like Jim's voice. I've listened to a few bands who I've heard are similar to them but I've found I don't mind the guitar playing and stuff, but their singing puts me off.
Quote by aebers79

i have to disagree. jimmy eat world is very different then what i consider pop-punk (fall out boy, yellowcard, all time low). JEW does have songs that sound very happy and "popish" but they have different songs for different emotions...something that all pop-punk bands lack. I would call them alternative rock because they actually have good guitar solos, and NO pop-punk bands have good guitar solos.