Poll: How do you practise your guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you practise your guitar?
1. Sitting very casually with an alcoholic beverage of some sort and a cigar/cigarette
11 8%
2. Sat on the sofa casually playing along to some songs at relatively low volume
23 18%
3. Sat upright, with sheet music infront of you, working your ass off to perfect said piece of music
19 15%
4. Stood up, strolling around the room, playing along to some music at moderate volume
38 29%
5. Stood up, pretending you are playing to a crowd of 100's, jumping around head banging
21 16%
6. Sat on your bed videoing everything you play to later post on youtube
0 0%
7. Other (please specify)
19 15%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
Your GUITAR (or bass); just for you dirty minded people here

So, what type of person are you when it comes to practicing? Vote on the poll (so everyone can see who you are ), and elaborate here if you wish I know you may do more than one from time to time, but please pick you favorite one/the one you do most

1. Sitting very casually with an alcoholic beverage of some sort and a cigar/cigarette

2. Sat on the sofa casually playing along to some songs at relatively low volume

3. Sat perfectly upright, with sheet music layed out infront of you, working your ass off to perfect said piece of music

4. Stood up, strolling around the room, playing along to some music at moderate volume

5. Stood up, pretending you are playing to a crowd of 100's, jumping around the room and head banging as if you're playing live with the band you're playing along to

6. Sat on your bed videoing everything you play to later post on youtube
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Last edited by rockdude375 at May 19, 2008,
Either 4 or 5, depending on my mood.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
5 or 6 for me
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Mostly 1 and 2.
Though for 1 its a joint, not alcohol or cigs.
But yeah, I just pick up the guitar and play when I'm bored,
I don't make a big deal out of it.

I do go up to 5 and go nuts when I'm at band practice occasionally.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Last edited by Ez0ph at May 19, 2008,
Its sad to say but im a #5. You should see how nuts i go when im at band practice.
Quote by hazzmatazz
I don't practise, I practice.

The first one is the closest. Not an alcoholic beverage, but usually a drink.
I sit down find a tab and do my best to get through it, if I think it's a song possible for me to learn I'll spend time (hours ) trying to learn it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Sorry - poll up now - had some trouble getting it to work
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I'm #4 but instead of moderate volume, it's however loud I can get without my parents getting mad.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
For me, there's two types of practising.

1. sitting perfectly upright on a wooden chair with sheet music laid out in front of me, with a mean, fixed glare on my face.

2. lying on my back, or sprawled over a chair, pissed, just speeding my way through arpeggios and scales to impress people.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Sabu
I ram it up my arse.

Well, whatever floats your boat my friend.
i sit in front of my computer. music on. either figuring out by ear or reading the tab as i go.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sabu
I ram it up my arse.

*takes notes*
What an interesting technique.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
4 to help my improvisation and play song by ear
5 to help mentally prepare me to play a gig, or even practice playing a hard part while doing various stage moves so that the first time i attempt isn't on stage.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Combination of 3 and 4 i don't realy like to work my ass off to learn the song as i think it kills the fun so i'm generally just casual about my playing and practicing.
3. Sat perfectly upright, with sheet music layed out infront of you, working your ass off to perfect said piece of music

That's me, except for saxophone, which I like to practice standing up.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i pefer to do guitar flips and headbang during my practice time!
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Extremely loudly when nobody's in, in any of the following positions:

- Sofa casually blues jamming.

- Stood rockin' out

- Sat at the computer shreddzorzzing.
where is the "riding a sheep over some hills while snorting lines off its head and singing to the tune of sir woddy woddy!" poll option?
4 - Albeit I don't play to anything. I play my own stuff always.
Quote by dangorironhide
I sit in front of the computer, with a tab up/book open playing along to music.

This, and number 1.

My practice area is my computer, pretty much.
Page 1 of 2