So I went clubbing for the first time right,

Now, im used to being at venues/shows all about rocknroll / heavy metal, where everyone's like a family to each other, where you can walk up to complete strangers be them guys or girls and come out there with friends for life or atleast good company at the bar tables.

So anyways my friend and I go to this club in my village and he wants to pick up chicks (not me though, because I already have a girlfriend) but ok, Ill help him out.

We'd just walk up to some tables with girls or try to join in with dance circles on the floor and be met with either

1: ignoring us till we left
2: THEY left
3: or just outright ''**** off''

I'd do all the talking since my friend is kind of a moron, so i'd just greet them like ''Evening! howre you doin''.

I guess the reaction wasnt totally unprecedented, it's just a shock when you're so used to everyone being welcoming to anyone.

ah well, horrible music and horrible characters.

Similar stories ?
Clubs are full of ****es. You've just got to go with friends and have a good time with them.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
well, those people are assholes, stay to gigs, not clubs
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
That's when you give them the ecstacy. Silly
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Sabu
Maybe you guys is ugly?

U, G, L, Y, Rising ain't got no alibi.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
They ran away because you forgot the chloroform
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Heh, I got together with a rather nice Primary School teacher at a club.
Best. Weekend. Ever.
You just chose the wrong chicks.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
U, G, L, Y, Rising ain't got no alibi.

Seriously, though, thats a moment for chloroform.

EDIT: damn, beaten
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Pubs are awesome.

If a fight breaks out in one of the rougher ones in my area, it's more 'what the fuck do you think you're doing?' and both the entire pub all come in to throw the individuals out. You go in with your mates and you stick with mates, but everyone should get on or we don't want to know you. I love the chance to chill with a pint casually. Clubs are pointless and horrid, I do moan about them, but my friends don't hold it against me as they know I've tried.
Clubs Suck in general, tho the people in rock clubs are normally pretty cool
Bam
Quote by Travelin' Blues
That's why you get them drunk.
Off your lady humps...

Should have just walked up to her, stuck your hand up her skirt and violated her, women find it very sexy, I know from experience
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
This is one of the reasons I love rock and metal so much. Whether itis the music or the people who listen to it, I can only agree that we seem to be much nicer to strangers.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
This is one of the reasons I love rock and metal so much. Whether itis the music or the people who listen to it, I can only agree that we seem to be much nicer to strangers.

+1
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by 006schecter
Not everyone goes to clubs with the intention of being banged. Did you ever think of that?

Granted, but its not like we said ''hey wanna ****?''

it was a friendly attempt at conversation and sharing a drink!
Quote by gm jack

Get off your high horse.

My local alternative venues can have that, but there's an equal amount of pricks there and fourteen year olds getting wrecked.
It took you this long to find out? The only reason I go to clubs, is to hang out and smoke waterpipe..

to be fair, i think many people find it creepy and annoying when they're trying to enjoy a night out and some weird kid comes up and starts talking to them. i know i do.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
So anyways my friend and I go to this club in my village

There's your problem ^
Quote by kaptink
There's your problem ^

Da, da daaaaah....da dadadadada, da, da daaaaaah....

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Craigo
Get off your high horse.

My local alternative venues can have that, but there's an equal amount of pricks there and fourteen year olds getting wrecked.

Whereas, I have yet to be unable to talk to anyone at a metal gig. I know there are going to be great people at any time of show. Just some places do have a much greater community atmosphere.

Last time I saw Iron Maiden, I spent some of the tie between the openers talking to some people who had seen Maiden on every tour they have done that passes through the UK. They had no problem at all talking to a couple of 15 year old kids.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Whereas, I have yet to be unable to talk to anyone at a metal gig. I know there are going to be great people at any time of show. Just some places do have a much greater community atmosphere.

Last time I saw Iron Maiden, I spent some of the tie between the openers talking to some people who had seen Maiden on every tour they have done that passes through the UK. They had no problem at all talking to a couple of 15 year old kids.

similar experiences at Maiden as well
Quote by gm jack

Age isn't a problem. How people act is a problem.

Go to an actual alternative bar and you'll probably see what I'm on about. Or grow a few years and you'll see.
you are doing it completley wrong.

a nightclub is not a heavy metal venue.

the game is different.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Craigo
Age isn't a problem. How people act is a problem.

Go to an actual alternative bar and you'll probably see what I'm on about. Or grow a few years and you'll see.

I'll point out I'm only a few months younger than you. I was 15 at the time of the show .

And Reading isn't known for alternative bars. However, being dragged to a Ska gig with some friends wasn't the most pleasent experience of my life. It was just everyone standing with the people they knew. Nobody was prepared to mix with others. Those that tried were rejected almost instantly.

And of course it is how people act. Isn't that the whole point I was trying to get across? I was just giving an example that showed that everyone was willing to mingle, and the few asshats in the crowd were generally taken care of by everyone else. At some other places I have been to, it is the arseholes who command the power.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Sabu
Maybe you guys is ugly?

it could be true... some people are just plain sick to uggos
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko_9119
it could be true... some people are just plain sick to uggos

Maybe by their standards.

Theyre used to tall athletes wearing white all over with short dark spiked hair.

me?

Long hair, Motorhead shirt, Ripped Denim vest with a giant patch on the back of Judas Priest's ''BRITISH STEEL'' album on the back.

Wasn't their appeal I suppose
It's because the majority of guys who come up to girls and chat to them in nightclubs are looking to get laid, or at least that's still what a lot of girls feel. So you're up against that prejudice already! Personally, I like to meet new people in clubs sometimes but other times I just want to hang out with my friends. I definitely wouldn't be interested in talking to someone who was off their face, what's the point? Your friend should try chatting to girls who are at the bar at the same time as him, not walking straight up to them out of nowhere or randomly starting dancing near them. I for one would find that pretty creepy!
I only go to rock/metal clubs btw and this still happens a lot (Agincourt anybody?)

It's great to make friends at gigs and clubs but it is hard to tell whether a stranger's motives are genuine or...nefarious.
Last edited by rigiddigits at May 19, 2008,
Quote by gm jack
I'll point out I'm only a few months younger than you. I was 15 at the time of the show .

And Reading isn't known for alternative bars. However, being dragged to a Ska gig with some friends wasn't the most pleasent experience of my life. It was just everyone standing with the people they knew. Nobody was prepared to mix with others. Those that tried were rejected almost instantly.

And of course it is how people act. Isn't that the whole point I was trying to get across? I was just giving an example that showed that everyone was willing to mingle, and the few asshats in the crowd were generally taken care of by everyone else. At some other places I have been to, it is the arseholes who command the power.

Was that at the facebar? A week or 3 ago? I doubt it was real ska "tbh imho imho"...

Reading isn't known for any good bars... The great people can be hard to find. I live here so I am allowed to say this.
Quote by Rising
Maybe by their standards.

Theyre used to tall athletes wearing white all over with short dark spiked hair.

me?

Long hair, Motorhead shirt, Ripped Denim vest with a giant patch on the back of Judas Priest's ''BRITISH STEEL'' album on the back.

Wasn't their appeal I suppose

I was just kidding...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
My strategy as far as going to a club is to just get plastered so I don't regret anything stupid I did

More booze = more cojones
i went to a club to celebrate graduating from high school, and it was pretty boring. i dont like the music they play at clubs and it is way too loud for music that you are not into. and i dont dance either, so i just sat there with a couple of friends, drinking champagne and trying to drown out the "house music" or whatever they play at clubs.

so im not going clubbing again.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50