im a guitar player whos been playing for about 3 yrs. ive mastered nirvana and marcy playground. i dont think im ready for alice in chains or led zeppelin yet, but im wanting to progress. i like playong stuff i can "pop off" pretty quick and make it sound good like the intro to wish u were here(pink floyd). im open to any suggestions. please help this rocker in distress!
youve been playing for three years and you cant play anything by led zeppelin?
DimebagRob is right, after three years you should be able to do some led zeppelin. other than that, start learning scales and how to improv. that helped me a lot.....
come on, im not here for put downs. i cant play whole lotta love(not the solo), communication breakdown, and houses of the holy. oh yeah, the main riff to heartbreaker. and by the way, there is alot more to nirvana than what was played on the radio.
you should be able to learn "The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin, maybe except for the solo in the end, but the rest of the song is easy, give it a shot!
and alice in chains???! c'mon man, after 3 years? try Nutshell or a nice finger-picking song like "Don't Follow" off of their Jar of Flies EP... those aren't that hard
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
Yeah grow up you lot, people progress and practice at different levels and speeds, just recommend some songs as requested if you're going to post.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Yeah grow up you lot, people progress and practice at different levels and speeds, just recommend some songs as requested if you're going to post.

thanx bro.

ow, and to riffer_raffer, i started working on oceans last night. good reccommendation, thanx.
an easy song would be trogdor lol, i mean, its all easy till the duo solo
and beat it is really cool, try some ac/dc, they can be chalenging