Page 1 of 2
So, my friend is inviting me to go into an abandoned school and look at the computers to find anything salvagable/sellable/usable.

He says he's been in there already, and he used to go to that school so he knows his way around and he's left doors open so it would be easier to leave than to get in.

a) Is it illegal to break into abandoned property? If so, what are the charges?
b) Should I do it?

I'm also against it, but since it is a school I might wanna check around the music room as well.

Cheers
Well, we have a massive abandoned warehouse near where I live. If anyone is gets seen breaking in, the po-po turn up in helicopters.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's illegal but it's fun as ****. Used to do it all the time.

One good place to go is to abandoned pubs. They often leave cigarettes in the cigarette machine. Get a bag full of them as a kid and you're sorted for pocket money.
The penalty is castration by fire.

No, but it is a pretty stupid idea. I wouldn't do it. But then again I'm pretty lame.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
From what I remember from my urbex days. Its a civil offence, so the land owner can prosecute, but all the police can do is move you on.
Asylums were the most fun, but the wind tunnels near my house the most interesting.
if it's abandoned there probably isn't any harm in it, but it probably still IS illegal...
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
do itt if theres anything worth salvaging in the music room you wont regret it
Epi les paul custom Dimebuckers & Duncan Distortion
Boss ME 50 multi effects
Dime Distortion
Fender Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo 2 stock single coil & humbucker pups
Fender Chorus Amp
Go for it man! even if you do get caught itll be a great story in the future.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Get yourselves some hobbies or something.
Breaking into old abandoned houses can get you killed...

...or raped
Do it!

I wish I had that chance. Unfortunately there are no abandoned houses where I live.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Evil_Magician

Breaking into old abandoned houses can get you killed...

...or raped

Or both.

In that order
Go for it. Abandoned places are destined to be scavenged. It's their purpose.
You had to do it in pokemon to get the key for the cinnabar island gym. No one minded then.
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Usually first time you're caught the cops just give you a warning and tell you never to come back. I've never seen anyone arrested or charged with anything on the first offense of wandering around abandoned property.
chances are you'll get fined if anything.

now if you are taking things, you might get a worse punishment. im sure the property still belongs to the school district, or to the city/town/whatever government, so if you take things, you are stealing them.
Quote by ( o )===#
So, my friend is inviting me to go into an abandoned school and look at the computers to find anything salvagable/sellable/usable.

He says he's been in there already, and he used to go to that school so he knows his way around and he's left doors open so it would be easier to leave than to get in.

b) Should I do it?

I'm also against it, but since it is a school I might wanna check around the music room as well.

Cheers

Oh...i read the title and thought this was gonna be about a chick...haha
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by ( o )===#

b) Should I do it?

A) Yes very. If you get caught expect serious trouble; it happened to someone I know and he hadn't even broken in, they just caught him with a crow bar.

Theres an abandoned/closed down mental institution I know of a little way from here, that I would like to look around in (not at night though, or without at least 10 other people) but I doubt I would ever dream of doing it really. I think it probably still has security, and if not cameras; and if not, it'd be damn scary/stupid.

B) Yes probably.

Edit - this place was closed down a few (only a few) years ago and some of it has been torn down (I think), but alot still remains; it always looks scary going past, theres turret like castle aspects to the building/s, and so on.
Quote by Jackolas

Theres an abandoned/closed down mental institution I know of a little way from here, that I would like to look around in (not at night though, or without at least 10 other people) but I doubt I would ever dream of doing it really. I think it probably still has security, and if not cameras; and if not, it'd be damn scary/stupid.

Do it. Go on.
stop acting like a pussy and do it.

god... kids nowadays.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
lol, i work as security/caretaker for a lettings company based at a school and me and my collegue had saw 2 kids aged around 16 on the building's roof tresspassing, after chasing them down we ended up calling the police... (due to suspected damage) all they can really do is fine you and perhaps it will go onto your C.R

The site has approx 40 CCTV cameras in total, however only record every 1:2 seconds of footage, also its not the best of quality
Last edited by O-Clamp at May 19, 2008,
Personally I'd give it a shot. Chances for a few good laughs like that don't turn up too often. Just... don't be stupid about it.
Do it, make sure you lay booby traps for the cops so they can't follow you inside.
Use stuff like fireworks, home-made thermite, punji traps, etc.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Michael_Hunt
i herd u get lyke... 6 star wanted

i think this guys right

take an RPG and an AK just in case XD
PSN: Noverion
It's never anywhere close to as "scary" as anyone makes out. By the time you get in there, you'll see it's just like any other building in the dark, and get bored really quickly. Go in there, take some sacks or large bags and get anything you can sell. Copper wire gets good scrap value, so rip that out of the walls if you can find a loose end. I very much doubt you'll find anything actually worth keeping. keep us posted.
Of course breaking and entering is a crime. If you feel its worth the risks and you can justify it to yourself, I ain't gonna stop you. Can't say it's the brightest idea I've heard all day however.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
Threadstarter: Is your screen name supposed to be a bong?

Guitar

Also, does anyone know if there was a way, how would I get caught?
Go for it, you could get some good shi from there.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Page 1 of 2