Dont know if this in the right section, and i dont know much about floating trems (i regret buying it, more trouble than they're worth after the first few months of playing).

I was adjusting my Ibanez Edge Pro Trem on my RG to put it back in standard tuning, and now within seconds after i tune it, the E string has gone down to D sharp or C. Same with all the strings going down within a minute.

Any Help? It hasnt done this on any other occasions that i've changed the action in nearly 2 years of owning my RG.
How many times did you tune it up after you readjusted? If you only tuned it once then it hasn't completely readjusted. Tune it multiple times and it should set after 4 or 5 times.
Quote by Metaljeffy
How many times did you tune it up after you readjusted? If you only tuned it once then it hasn't completely readjusted. Tune it multiple times and it should set after 4 or 5 times.

erm... 2nd or 3rd time since it was last set. I'll leave it for a bit and try again later. i figured it might need time to adjust.
That would be the best bet. I have an RG220B that I went from drop C to standard and it was a bitch to get it to stay in tune. But I also have a licensed Floyd Rose which IMO isn't as good as the Edge III.
The edge 3 is the crappest floyd from ibanez from what ive heard. I haven't had any problems with it yet but I cant imagine that there is a worse one
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
He doesnt have the Edge 3.

Model doesnt matter.

You need to keep tightening the tuners at the headstock and the fine ones on the bridge only after you tighten the lockers. With a floating trem, there is a little bit of experience needed. For example, re-stringing it is a pain when you take off all the strings, as opposed to one at a time, because then you can just put the new string on in place of the old and tune it up, not having to tune all six strings up.

If you just took all the strings off at once, then use the tuners and evenly distrubute how many turns you are using for each string. ie, 4 turns on the "A", make it about 4 for the rest (of course the higher string are thinner and might require 5 or 6 turns).

You really cant mess this up THAT bad if you tune each one equally with the rest and not tune one fully then move on.

EDIT: I hope you know that you cant just "drop" tune it whenever you feel like it. When a guitar has a floating bridge, it's pretty much set for that type of tuning and needs work loosening/tightening screw/setting intonation and action.
Last edited by dogismycopilot at May 19, 2008,
you need to balance the trem for the new tuning. there's a floyd rose setup thread if you need more help.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?