Page 1 of 2
i'm planning on selling both of my gibson, and get a prs custom 24 fret with trem 10 top with birdeye+a nice tube amp. right now im using a solid state amp which is good for bedroom practice and jamming with couple of friends. should i go down that road?
I sure as hell wouldn't. Those are some nice Gibsons. Your decision, though.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Well a good tube amp will do a lot more for your tone, but I've also found the PRS Custom to be pretty much THE best guitar in the world. So if you have the money why not?

- edit - re-read your post. If you plan on getting the PRS AND an amp, then yes, hell yes.
how should we know?
i would just sell the SS and save for a tube amp.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by kckyle
i'm planning on selling both of my gibson, and get a prs custom 24 fret with trem 10 top with birdeye+a nice tube amp. right now im using a solid state amp which is good for bedroom practice and jamming with couple of friends. should i go down that road?
go for it if you have another guitar. only having one can cause problems
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I wouldn't
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
Quote by Aziraphale
Well a good tube amp will do a lot more for your tone, but I've also found the PRS Custom to be pretty much THE best guitar in the world. So if you have the money why not?

- edit - re-read your post. If you plan on getting the PRS AND an amp, then yes, hell yes.

thats one of the reason, right now i can buy a peavey valveking or a classic 30. but i heard the prs custom 24 can pull out both gibson and fender tones, plus the look on these custom 24 with birdeyes looks so awesome. as for tone. im not really happy with the les paul. its big and heavy. the tone is really great, but the fret access just piss me off, mainly because i do alot of neo classic.
I vote yes.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I'd keep at least one of the gibsons, probably the LP, get a good tube amp, and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for PRS!!
Guitar & Bass
oh forgot to mention for amps. if i got the prs for around estimated range, i can probably use the rest of the money to get a bogner or hughes and kettner.
I would do it in a second. A PRS Custom 24 and a nice bogner, hk, orange, or engl depending on what you play would be sooooooooo nice.

ID rather get that set-up and then, if you really need one, save for a second guitar down the road.
Quote by thefrigginbob
I would do it in a second. A PRS Custom 24 and a nice bogner, hk, orange, or engl depending on what you play would be sooooooooo nice.

ID rather get that set-up and then, if you really need one, save for a second guitar down the road.

yes i'm planning on getting the schecter blackjack atx with ofr if i gotten the prs and bogner or hk
It'd be a bit of a tough choice, but I'd go for the PRS + tube amp. I also think that the PRS Custom is THE best guitar in the world along with the Strat.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
PRS is exactly the middle ground between a Strat and a Les Paul. It's brighter than an LP, fatter than a strat, much better playability than an LP, the pickups have a wider range of tones than the LP, the neck pickup is actually kind of strat-like. It's got the sustain of an LP, with a slightly longer scale length for more clarity but you still maintain the ease of bending since it's shorter than a strat.

So yeah, really a mix of both.
Quote by kckyle
yes i'm planning on getting the schecter blackjack atx with ofr if i gotten the prs and bogner or hk

Sounds pretty sick to me.

I think going from what you have now to what you want to get will be like night and day. Make sure its what you want, personally I would do it in a heartbeat.
in that case thn i think i'm going to get a gray black custom 24, with ten top and bird eye if im lucky. i been wanting a strat, but never have enough money for it, hell i just emptied my wallet for my and my gf's prom.
Quote by thefrigginbob
Sounds pretty sick to me.

I think going from what you have now to what you want to get will be like night and day. Make sure its what you want, personally I would do it in a heartbeat.

personally i don't miss the lp tone lol. in fact is the sg that i'm afraid of selling, the lp has been sitting in the case for almost 2 month now due to my favoritism towards the sg
PRS Custom >>>>>>> Pretty much any gibson

And who can say no to a tube amp?
Quote by Hosscat
I'd keep at least one of the gibsons, probably the LP, get a good tube amp, and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for PRS!!

This is good advice. You can watch eBay and get a 2-5 year old one for half the price of a new one (which a 10 Top goes for about $2700-2800.) Used one some times trade as low as $1500-1600. IF you watch long enough, you should be able to find a finish similar to what you want.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by xFilth
PRS Custom >>>>>>> Pretty much any gibson

And who can say no to a tube amp?

this man speaks the truth, tell me after seeing my prs you dont want one..

Also, birds>trapezoids

new amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
new amp

How much are you planning on selling your guitars for? Give us a rough estimate so we can suggest something in your range.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by kckyle
thats one of the reason, right now i can buy a peavey valveking or a classic 30. but i heard the prs custom 24 can pull out both gibson and fender tones, plus the look on these custom 24 with birdeyes looks so awesome. as for tone. im not really happy with the les paul. its big and heavy. the tone is really great, but the fret access just piss me off, mainly because i do alot of neo classic.

Classic 30 = win. Get one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by kckyle
i'm planning on selling both of my gibson, and get a prs custom 24 fret with trem 10 top with birdeye+a nice tube amp...
Have you played the PRS yet?

I only ask because this really shouldn't even be a question
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
id sell your LP and any amps or other gear that you have and get a killer tube amp

dont get rid of your SG, youll regret it. i sure as hell do.
Quote by Colgate Total

How much are you planning on selling your guitars for? Give us a rough estimate so we can suggest something in your range.

i mean he shouldn't be looking at a prs before he has an amp to do it justice...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i mean he shouldn't be looking at a prs before he has an amp to do it justice...

I think he is looking into a new amp, though the main focus of the thread so far has been the guitars.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
DO IT SON!!

playing a gibson through a solid state is really really sad...
i have tried out the prs custom 22 and the 24 at my local guitar center though a marshall jcm900 combo. since the half stack weren't plugged in. i only use the solid state at home since my drummer has a vox ac30 and thats the amp i use everytime we have band practice.

i'm lookin around 800-900 or 1 grand if im lucky for the gibson sg even though i really dont want to sell it. the les paul i'll probably get around 1600 since its 400 limited and it has all original parts including dunlop straplok i installed awhile back,
Quote by ohshait
this man speaks the truth, tell me after seeing my prs you dont want one..

Also, birds>trapezoids

i wanted one before i even post this thread lol
Quote by Colgate Total
I think he is looking into a new amp, though the main focus of the thread so far has been the guitars.

actually its the guitar and the amp. since amp is responsible for the tone and everything while the guitar is the playbility
one word: hellno

ok two words but still..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
how did you afford the Gibsons? you should find money the same way and buy what you want and not sell them for much less than what you bought them... i personally would keep them all and still buy the amp and guitar i wanted, for sentimental value... oh and versatility...
well i was a personal computer tech for one of my dad's lawyer for a whole summer. it was a really well paid job. 2 bad he moved to europe after that.
it happens to all musicians...we allhave the same stories\

gotta pay rent...so we sell out prized guitars....gotta pay for school...sell our guitars....gotta pay for medical bills...sell our guitars
Page 1 of 2