Page 1 of 2
are B C rich warlocks anygood? i mite be buying one since its only £200 and slipknot use them so they must be ok?

i think it would suit me personally because i play metal songs mostly

so anyone know if they are that good?
Well, which one? I wouldn't get a Bronze or Platinum series. If you're going for the NT series, an old USA made one, the Calibre series, or a custom shop Warlock, then I would. But I don't think those are in your price range. Also, Mick Thompson switched to Ibanez a while ago.
Depends which model, and not all BC richs are bad.

If it is a bronze series i recommend you stay away from it.
i have a warlock and im VERRY happy with it.

people only bash BC Rich cause they're not all that expensive. also they made ONE bad series, the bronze, but the rest are awsome
Quote by kwidjibo1
slipknot use them so they must be ok?

they use custom made high end ones that bc rich doesnt sell for £200 bc rich quality drops off pretty much the level below high end professional models.

esp are nice guitars epiphone is to for a beginner which you sound like most important thing is you play a variety of different guitars and find one that plays best for you and speaks to you saying buy me
it's all opinion, and you should try the guitar to find out for yourself if it suits you, or if you like it. PersonallyI like BC Rich guitars quite a bit, but you are going to hear plenty of poeple say they are crap.
slipknot were using a customize bc rich guitar(which is mic thompson signature guitar), it is different than a standard bc rich guitar..
ok thanks guys, ill look up ESp and ibanez, if i go for a warlock ill stay away from bronze series then
if its £200, then its going to be bad
your only going to get a good warlock if you save up a looooot more
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
i dont see why people knock bc rich, i dont know how they sound becasue the wierd body shapes prevent me from playing them while sitting, though the bc rich i do have is very nive, it was my first guitar and its a bc rich dagger
also dont ask other people if you should get a guitar or no, while ug is a good source for this they dont tend to like the bc rich guitars, also its all about preference if you like it then buy it, if it sounds good to you then get it, and dont get a guitar because your favorite band/player plays it, it doesnt always go well
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh, why are they horrible exactly? just bad sound or are they weak?

Because metalhead987 heard from other idiots around the forum that BC Rich was not a good company. These people base their opinions off of the fact that the cheaper ones are not that great but also forget that their mid to higher end models are very good. This is why he couldn't provide any information other than "they're horrible". These people are hopping on the bandwagon without any kind of experience and need to shut up.

Anyway, I have a cheap BC Rich (Ironbird) that I bought as my first guitar, and I can tell you that if you're a beginning player a cheap BC Rich will suit your needs just fine. As you get more advanced, however, you'll want more; the wood is fairly low-grade, the stock pickups aren't very good and the next isn't particularly fast. I've never played a Warlock, but I'd assume the specs would be somewhat similar for all BC Rich guitars in that price range. If you can, go out and play one and see if it's right for you.
^to above guy.

Exactly. Half the people that go slagging off BC Riches have probably never played them; they're just saying it because they think they sound cool, having "played" many types of guitars.
I don't see what's wrong with them. Sure, some of the cheap ones are (admittedly) quite rubbish, but get up to the £400+ price range and they're decent guitars. The Mockingbirds in particular are great.
Quote by Section 5
The Mockingbirds in particular are great.

Whole post was spot-on, and this in particular; if the Mockingbird was good enough for Slash, it's probably good enough for quite a few people on here.
i doubt slash uses a £400 mockingbird though. his is probably a USA one.

much like if you're using a gibson les paul because slash did, it's kinda daft as his main guitars (for a long time anyway) were ghost-built replicas...

anyway, i dunno. I've heard the really cheapest bc riches are awful, from a lot of people who are generally pretty reliable. i'm not sure i've actually tried them, but i wouldn't buy one unless i could get to try it to ascertain that it doesn't suck, basically (and by that i mean, try all its rivals at a similar price head-to-head with it, don't just try the bc rich).

I'd look into something like an ibanez rg321 and some of the cheaper hardtail lags too. i know that machinehead is blowing out washburn idol wi65pros for £239 at the moment (inc. delivery to the UK), and if they're anything like the couple i've tried, that's an excellent deal. If i had ~£200 for a new hard rock/metal guitar, that'd be likely my first port of call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i doubt slash uses a £400 mockingbird though. his is probably a USA one.

This is aside from my point though; what I was saying was that people dismiss the entire company because of some poorer low-end models.
and i agree. just your point (which you probably didn't mean) sounded like you were endorsing all mockingbird models, from the bronze up to the custom shop, were good because slash happened to play one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guarantee that 95% of you have never even touched a single BC Rich and you are just jumping on the "lets bash BC Rich guitars" band wagon.

I've played quite a few from the low end models to the top end models and they have all been satisfactory. Most people don't like them because their tone is only suited for metal, but since you claim that you play mostly metal then a BC Rich would probably suit your style.

You may also want to look into Deans - they are very nice for metal as well. And even though I love ESP/LTD guitars I will admit that they are far overpriced for what you get.

So check out BC Rich and Dean - play as many models as you can get your hands on and I promise that you will find a guitar that you like that will fit into your budget.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
So check out BC Rich and Dean - play as many models as you can get your hands on and I promise that you will find a guitar that you like that will fit into your budget.

I'll second the Dean recommendation, don't be swayed by UG; what I said earlier about the BC Rich bandwagon applies to Dean guitars as well.
i've tried a dean ML around the £800 mark and I've played £200-£300 washburns which are nicer guitars. I agree that a lot of people around here jump on the bandwagon, but we don't all do that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by :-D
I'll second the Dean recommendation, don't be swayed by UG; what I said earlier about the BC Rich bandwagon applies to Dean guitars as well.

Well, Deans are cool, but I find them a tad overpriced.

Quote by kwidjibo1
are B C rich warlocks anygood? i mite be buying one since its only £200 and slipknot use them so they must be ok?

the issue is they use better models, because they have more money.

a warlock at that price isn't worth the purchse.

Edit: And dean is alright
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Low end BC rich guitars suck balls but the high ends are great.... but there are a lot of guitars that are better than the highs in price and sometimes quality IMO.
Last edited by Graveworm at May 19, 2008,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I guarantee that 95% of you have never even touched a single BC Rich and you are just jumping on the "lets bash BC Rich guitars" band wagon.

Totally agree.

Thats the thing with most Ugers.... they love to jump on band wagons.
Quote by Graveworm
Totally agree.

Thats the thing with most Ugers.... they love to jump on band wagons.

unless they're fat then they just walk behind it becasue they ran out of energy to actually jump on the bandwagon
Quote by F8iscruel
unless they're fat then they just walk behind it becasue they ran out of energy to actually jump on the bandwagon

Hilarious...
BC Riches are just overall really cheap quality guitars.. I'm not going with the stereotypical way of it.
Father had one at one time for some reason.. the thing was a piece of crap, was a warlock.
sold it to some dude..
Quote by TechnicolorType
BC Riches are just overall really cheap quality guitars.. I'm not going with the stereotypical way of it.
Father had one at one time for some reason.. the thing was a piece of crap, was a warlock.
sold it to some dude..

Overall cheap quality?

Look at their Custom Shop. I have to say that it's one of the best Custom Shops I've ever seen.
Quote by TechnicolorType
sold it to some dude..

your dads guitar was probably a Bronze Series warlock and they are cheap guitars but the warlock i have i spent $401 is not cheap it's a great guitar...... has a very nice metal tone to it
I dunno' I played on some other crazy looking one a friend had that seemed more higher quality.. still was pretty ****ty compared to other guys in the same price range.
Quote by TechnicolorType

No, you're not hopping on the bandwagon at all. Saying that all of a company's guitars are cheap based on one experience with a (likely low-end) guitar is a well-informed and statistically accurate way of doing things. I guess we should bow down to your experience.
Quote by kwidjibo1

I would agree with anyone who says stay away from the Bronze series.....i had a Bronze warlock and it definitely wasn't the best guitar but it worked and I still play it.....Don't let the B. C. rich haters fool you, they have some ok guitars once you get past the beginners series....

Oh, and never base your opinions on something because a certain band uses them.....Especially when the music isn't very technical and uses more muddy distortion like Slipknot does, it doesn't let a guitar shine through very well....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
BC Rich do indeed make some excellent guitars! The worst thing about Bronze Series is the wiring, and some of them play okay!

Many people recommend an ESP, but in my experience, and from the specs, an equivalently priced ESP is every bit as 'bad.' Many of the lower priced ESP's are also agathis! Personally i'd take a BC Rich.

The best thing is to try for yourself and see how it sounds - if its your first guitar, ask the salesman and demo it through an amp similar to whatever you have at home!

Couldn't recommend Dean's enough! They are expensive, and people claim they are overpriced, again recommending a Jackson or ESP, which are around the same price for a similar instrument!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
No they suck. Look into jacksons. Stop listening to slipknot. Get a haircut and a job.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Page 1 of 2