Hey guys. I am stumped, and I really have a procrastination problem lol.

I am a huge fan of disturbed and love playing their music. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas as to what may be the best pick-ups to replicate Dan Donegans sound WITH ACTIVE PICKUPS.

I was thinking B/W

EMG81/85 and SD AHB-1 Blackout's?

Am I on the right track? Any better suggestions?
Quote by pepsi1187
what ever pickups the dude uses is your best choice

Thats the best answer. Find his pickups, and buy them.

Don't forget to buy his amp and his guitar too.

And of course his pedals, picks and cables.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by lagunasunrise
Thats the best answer. Find his pickups, and buy them.

Don't forget to buy his amp and his guitar too.

And of course his pedals, picks and cables.

and his strings, humidifier and hardcase.
Quote by The red Strat.
and his strings, humidifier and hardcase.

And play in his same recording environment.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by SpyderPB6
Am I on the right track? Any better suggestions?

Get the right amp first; without the right amp all the pickups in the world won't make a blind spot of difference. I think he's using a Randall MTS with his signature high-gain module in it at the minute.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That does make sense...all of the above. For one I tried finding out his pickups and I am getting no where. Really I just want somthing to bring out the harmonics better then what I have now. Although getting his amp, and his guitar would be great haha.
Well first of all, what amp do you have right now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the amp is the most important thing because it will be closer to his projection and i also no he uses a digi weapon but i would go with the EMGs cuz they just sound great and have great manipulation of the tone. randall's are pretty good amps but there are so many randalls close to the mf350 and that is an amazing amp.
Quote by SpyderPB6
That does make sense...all of the above. For one I tried finding out his pickups and I am getting no where. Really I just want somthing to bring out the harmonics better then what I have now. Although getting his amp, and his guitar would be great haha.

Just out of interest did you try looking at his signature guitar on the Washburn website? It say there that he's using an SD El Diablo in the bridge and an SD '59 in the neck.

Either way the amp is more important.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by maverick_137
i also no he uses a digi weapon

I seriously doubt he does.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I seriously doubt he does.

+1

Why would he use the Weapon pedal when he has an endorsement from an amp company that makes some of the best high-gain SS amps in the world?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Why would he use the Weapon pedal when he has an endorsement from an amp company that makes some of the best high-gain SS amps in the world?

+1

according to your username i seriously hope you dont own a spider of some sort, then new amp > pickups.

to the TS of course.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I am using a GLX 120 by Crate its just a single 12inch amp. I just play in my house for fun and I wanted to pick up an active pick-up so that I could get better harmonics. I didnt look at the washburn website, thanks for that information.

I will look into what you guys have said, thanks alot.
Not going to get donegan's tone with out a high-gain tube amp... sorry to break it to you. you could try sans-amp preamps.... I've seen a few guys get some great tones with those...
Quote by Highwaytohell
Not going to get donegan's tone with out a high-gain tube amp... sorry to break it to you. you could try sans-amp preamps.... I've seen a few guys get some great tones with those...

ah, thats not entirely true.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Getting pickups in your guitar would be a waste of money. It will barely change the sound, if you notice a change at all. Get a new amp. Harmonics are all in the technique.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright, any good suggestions that are relatively cost effect in producing that type of sound?
Suggestions in the way of Amps. That is really an area of knowledge I do not understand much of. I know I need a new amp, I just dont know what one I need lol, that has a decent price tag...

Thanks for all the help so far, I will hold off on pick-ups.