Hi,

I'm a guitar player-turned-bassist, so Im far from being skilled at naming basses by body shape and so forth. I recently saw images of this guy playing a bass which i was curious about (mostly because it looks like it's more of a 3/4 scale bass than a full size one).

http://stereogum.com/archives/concert/hercules-love-affair-played-the-first-show-studi_009867.html

At that link there are two images of the bass.

Also, if anyone has any experience w/ this bass (or other 3/4ths) id love to hear.
That looks like somebody has taken a start and stuck a short scale bass neck on it. I'd probably put money on that thing being home made
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I'm thinking...it looks familiar

I have their album but I don't think I've listened to it.
I can't find a picture right now, but I swear I've seen a Tokai with that headstock and options.
Yeah, it looks like a short scale neck, homemade bass
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Well there's clearly non-original elements (ie the bridge) but it's some kind of Japanese '70s thing. Wish I could find a bigger picture!

You can't see the bass any better, but for some reason I thought the forum needed this pic.
It looks a LITTLE like someone took a Strat body and put a slightly longer neck on it. For this reason, I don't think it is a professional thing. I want to say its some Japenese thing.
was i supposed to be looking @ the bass... or the hot looking chick?

cuz... there was like 524234098 pics of hot chicks b4 i got to a pic w/ the bass.
Quote by PedRoFTWkiddies
was i supposed to be looking @ the bass... or the hot looking chick?

cuz... there was like 524234098 pics of hot chicks b4 i got to a pic w/ the bass.

I don't usually like most girls I see on the internet, but MAN.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Thread derailed by collective bass forum erection? Sigh. ctrl+d

I have seen someone playing one of those before too. Looks like one of those weird knockoff/frankenstein jobs that came out of Asian factories.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by BassmanArk
dayummmmmmmmmm. that (b)ass is hot.

Fixed.

Fixed again.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1

To promote equal opportunity visual happiness in the bass forum, you have forced me to drag out Eddie once again.

On topic---that bass really looks like a Teisco Fender rip off that has been modded now that I think about it. To the TS, you may just want to check out the Teisco and Tokai sites; something like it may just turn up.
Quote by H&LA Article
Antony wasn't in the building, but the stage was packed anyway with Kim Ann and glam transexual Nomi on lead vocals, a trombone, a trumpet player, two on keys/korgs/mechanics...

YOU GUYS GOT BONERS OVER A TRANNY

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
YOU GUYS GOT BONERS OVER A TRANNY

*reads again*

Oh man.

You guys just got pwnd.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Lolz I thought something didnt look quite right with her (/him). Just shows how depraved most of us are
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
haha thanks everyone for the replies (and laughs)

i was really hoping no one dropped the bomb that she is really a he -- i wanted to be the one, but i missed it.

im going to take a look into some of these jap brands brought up out of curiousity. maybe not exactly what im looking for tho, unless they are nicer than im assuming...
that seriously a tranny?

i dont get it...... why is it that trannys look so damn sexy.... WTF?!!!! i dont get it..... they look hotter than most regular women.... wtf.

anyways, the bass, looks like a custom...
It's a Carvin bass. I know that 100% because there's some dude in Bass Player a few issues back that uses one. Dudes was a '69. Let me check the magazine.

EDIT: Now that I look at the magazine, I'm not too sure. However, it looks like a Carvin 77-AGB.

Now that I have a magazine down at a computer, I'm gonna send a nasty letter to BP talking about how awful the cover stories have been lately! Especially this one!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at May 20, 2008,
Quote by thefitz
It's a Carvin bass. I know that 100% because there's some dude in Bass Player a few issues back that uses one. Dudes was a '69. Let me check the magazine.

EDIT: Now that I look at the magazine, I'm not too sure. However, it looks like a Carvin 77-AGB.

Now that I have a magazine down at a computer, I'm gonna send a nasty letter to BP talking about how awful the cover stories have been lately! Especially this one!

If you are talking about the cover on the professer, stop. I liked that story, I thought it was interesting! Although I did not really care for john paul jones; bob marley's bassist, duran duran, and the prof cover stories were pretty good. And guiltily, I somewhat enjoyed the article on Nikki Six, even though it oozed self-adoration.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
that seriously a tranny?

i dont get it...... why is it that trannys look so damn sexy.... WTF?!!!! i dont get it..... they look hotter than most regular women.... wtf.
trannys have custom bodies

great I can't even quote...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by kranoscorp
If you are talking about the cover on the professer, stop. I liked that story, I thought it was interesting! Although I did not really care for john paul jones; bob marley's bassist, duran duran, and the prof cover stories were pretty good. And guiltily, I somewhat enjoyed the article on Nikki Six, even though it oozed self-adoration.

No. I'm sorry... wait, I'm NOT sorry. Berklee having a young bass playing prof is not a cover story. That's all there is to it. It's a joke. Pathetic.

For clarification, see latest blog.

Like, she's not even the youngest prof ever. Just one of the youngest. It's not a cover story and I'm embarassed that the only game in town would pander that hard. Guitar magazines have Gods on the cover every damn issue.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by the humanity

great I can't even quote...

there needs to be a / before the final quote, so its without the *
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by thefitz
No. I'm sorry... wait, I'm NOT sorry. Berklee having a young bass playing prof is not a cover story. That's all there is to it. It's a joke. Pathetic.

For clarification, see latest blog.

Like, she's not even the youngest prof ever. Just one of the youngest. It's not a cover story and I'm embarassed that the only game in town would pander that hard. Guitar magazines have Gods on the cover every damn issue.

Oh really? What bass gods would you have on the cover (excluding yourself )? They had Marcus Miller last cover, and Jaco is currently unnavailable to do an interview due to his health (or lack thereof).
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Oh really? What bass gods would you have on the cover (excluding yourself )? They had Marcus Miller last cover, and Jaco is currently unnavailable to do an interview due to his health (or lack thereof).

Off the top of my head: Jeff Berlin, Steve Bailey, Chuck Rainey, Michael Manring, Jeff Ament, Herbie Flowers, Dee Murray, JD, James Lomenzo David Ellefson, Pete Wentz, John Swift, NHOP, Jimmy Haslip, Bill Dickens, Stu Hamm.

Look, that chick makes the cover, and I've yet to see a Doug Wimbish... anything... I wish the magazine'd start pandering to... good players?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at May 28, 2008,
To the TS, if you are interested in short-scale basses, the best one imo is the Fender Mustang, it's japenese made, so good quality, and was originally relased in the 60's to help guitarists play bass

I use one as my primary bass, the red ones look a nasty orange colour, but the vintage white ones are pure lushness

I did post a review of one on UG if you're interested, or PM me
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by thefitz
Pete Wentz

-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by ChemicalFire
there needs to be a / before the final quote, so its

I know, it just was sorta silly when I did it wrong. I found my mistake amusing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yeah you guys might wanna read the comments before you fap...

LMAO
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join