iv been thinking about getting a strat this summer. is there any companies in between squire and fender quality wise that makes strats? i cant really justify buying even a mexican fender cause it wont really be my main guitar, i just want a single coil guitar laying around u kno. thanks all!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
quality-wise... uh.... rondo's Sx Strats?...
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Just buy a standard squier strat, and swap the bridge pickup out for a hot rail.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
^ +1 but those are HSS.

blade are nice too, as are MIJ tokais, but in the USA those might be a lot more expensive than in europe...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea i saw some tokais and they did get pricey. and i do want SSS. my only hesitation against a squire is i dont like how they feel. this may not be my main guitar, but i dont want a piece of garbage either.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
save i guess? either that or keep an eye out on ebay or locally for second-hand nicer guitars...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what if i were to get a HSS, how different would the middle pickup differ from the bridge if i were to use that as the main single coil. if it has a humbucker ill be willing to spend more and possibly get a mexican fender, but i really want that lead single coil sound, if anyone knows what i mean.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
id just look for 2nd hand MIM fender strats
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Pacifica. New ones have a coil splt for the humbucker, so it's nearly there.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
what if i were to get a HSS, how different would the middle pickup differ from the bridge if i were to use that as the main single coil. if it has a humbucker ill be willing to spend more and possibly get a mexican fender, but i really want that lead single coil sound, if anyone knows what i mean.

which pickup would you most likely be using for that "lead single coil sound"?

basically, the bridge pickup's not going to sound the same, and nor is position 4 (bridge and middle in parallel). But the rest should be the same as a "normal" sss strat.

it's really up to you to be honest... try a bunch of HSS strats and see what you think?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 5kuzgib
Pacifica. New ones have a coil splt for the humbucker, so it's nearly there.

Yeah i have that guitar and it's really good.
for clean sounds and also really good with heavy stuff.
Erh, a bit off topic but, how bout an Ibanez SA260? Its got a true duo humbuckler that you can split If not, I'd go for a MIM strat or Yamaha pacifica =)
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Quote by xxunder-takerxx

Well...not really, in fact when i play my strat, most of the leads are on the neck pickup......

Maybe it's just me, but i rarely use the bridge p/u for leads, too trebly and not smooth or warm enough
Adam
London City makes great strats priced between squire and fender
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
just get a mim strat their okay

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat