I got this epiphone sg that is basically becoming my tech project. i've already sanded it down (except the face) since it had some nasty ass green color. now i'm right handed but i want to put a left-handed bigsby tremolo along with emg bass pick ups. i was wondering if i did put the left-handed tremolo bridge on a righty would i still be able to string it as normal, and the other thing is does anyone have a suggestion for another type of pick-up for my sg. please and thank you
wtf..
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Hartha
now i'm right handed but i want to put a left-handed bigsby tremolo along with emg bass pick ups.

can i ask why?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
yes, you can put a lefty bigsby on it, but the arm will most likely get in your way while your playing, so you should probably stay with a righty.

And why they hell would you want and EMG bass pick up in your sg?
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
well i already got a guitar to which i won't customize but this one since it's rather crappy i feel would make an interesting arts and crafts project if you will
i figure that the bass pick-ups will be interesting in the sense that it will give it a baritone sounding tone
No. it will sound like ass and **** in a blender. Bass pickups are for bass guitars because they pickup different frequencies. YOu probably would hear nothing out of the treble strongs, and very little of the others.

And why the hell would you put a lefty bigsby on it? What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Why do you hate this guitar so much that you want to destroy it??
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
when it comes to the left bigsby didn't stevie ray use an upside down tremolo and as for the bass pick-ups i kno bad example but the original guitarist limp biz-**** used bass pick ups on his guitar
Ok, so you want to look like stevie ray vaughan and sound like limp bizkit?

I hope you die.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
honestly my playing style is more like adam jones from tool what i'm trying to do is get a different sound from a guitar and trying to use a tremolo that may point in fact be more comfortable than the standard. i honestly don't care for either one of them
Well, if you want to sound like Adam Jones, you're on the right track. You can get great Tool tones from an SG.

It is widely believed that he uses Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB's or Trembucker's in his silver burst Les Paul... but no one can confirm that.

I would try putting either of those pickups in, and you can get a good Tool sound. Also, there's little or no trem work with tool stuff, let alone anything in the prog-metal genre... I still don't see why you want a bigsby.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
in terms of trem work i require bending on certain songs of ours cuz we're very blues influenced as well but because of what i'm playing or how i'm playing it i'm unable to do it which is why i want the left-handed bigsby so that i can just do it with my fore-arm instead of having to reach down and grab the trem arm
Bending makes a note higher, trems make it lower. Not the same sound. Unless it's floating...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Well, if you want to sound like Adam Jones, you're on the right track. You can get great Tool tones from an SG.

It is widely believed that he uses Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB's or Trembucker's in his silver burst Les Paul... but no one can confirm that.
I would try putting either of those pickups in, and you can get a good Tool sound. Also, there's little or no trem work with tool stuff, let alone anything in the prog-metal genre... I still don't see why you want a bigsby.

Off hand I can think of... Symphony X... Dream Theater... but that's fairly advanced compared to Tool. Really, this post has no meaning other than to point that out XD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
OK yeah... dream theatre is pushing it... they do wierd ****.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Dude, big mistake. as much as i HATE my old epiphone, i still wouldnt demolish it to the point of not working.

Bigsby: ok, but GET LOCKING TUNERS!!!
bass pup: dude, wtf?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
why not try heavier guaged strings for a deeper, heavier sound? you could just have it tuned down a step and a half or something, and get that deeper sound it seems you want. in regards to the bigsby, you won't get more than a half step difference with a bigsby, they are meant to add "shimmer" more than to act as a whammy bar. also, i've heard that adding a bigsby tends to brighten up the sound a bit, so you'd be moving in the opposite direction. i'd suggest trying some other tremelo (i think kahlers should fit into an sg without issues)
Quote by rednwhiteblues
why not try heavier guaged strings for a deeper, heavier sound? you could just have it tuned down a step and a half or something, and get that deeper sound it seems you want. in regards to the bigsby, you won't get more than a half step difference with a bigsby, they are meant to add "shimmer" more than to act as a whammy bar. also, i've heard that adding a bigsby tends to brighten up the sound a bit, so you'd be moving in the opposite direction. i'd suggest trying some other tremelo (i think kahlers should fit into an sg without issues)

Listen to this man. I would also very much not reccomend a bass pickup, it will seriously sound like total ****. Kahlers (I believe) are a lot more expensive than a Bigsby, but it'll be a far better trem for your purposes.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
the only problem with other trems is that they might be too thick for the sg
one thing i forgot to mention is that this guitar will be tuned to c-standard
...what the ****??
This is... what the ****???
This project seems kinda... dumb... to say the least...
The left-handed tremolo is a cool idea... I'm a lefty, and I think it's kinda fun to play a righty guitar that's been strung lefty that has a tremolo...
but BASS PICKUPS?? Why not just take a piece of freakin' railroad track, wrap it in wire, and stuff it in, really??
you wont be able to get a floyd in there, but kahler trems need the body to be routed 3/4" deep, so it should fit just fine on your sg. c standard? like i said, low gauge strings and the pickups recommended earlier will be great. even tuning to c will be too high of a frequency range for bass pickups to sound good on the upper strings.