Hey,

I have recently purchased an Mexican Fender Stratocaster, the standard one.
But lately i have experienced pains, cramps?, in my hand when playing barred chords. Now i haven't had this problem with my older es-335 ripoff which has a fatter neck. So could it be the neck or is it just because i have weak hands? Or have some bad habits when playing?

Thanks
well if you had no problems with a fat neck but a thin neck is casue ing pain ,your just wierd lol, jk i really dont understand you should actualy get less pain i believe
you shhould feed it scene kids and fatten it up a bit..
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by F8iscruel
well if you had no problems with a fat neck but a thin neck is casue ing pain ,your just wierd lol, jk i really dont understand you should actualy get less pain i believe

Yeah, someone told me that. That's one of the reasons i asked in here, there is bound to be someone with some advice and/or experience with the given subject :P
Quote by the spiker
Play through the pain and build up the muscle.

Actually, if i play for too long, it hurts so much that i have to take a break
Quote by the spiker
Play through the pain and build up the muscle.

gtfo you cretin, you could give him carpal tunnel syndrome.

Quote by F8iscruel

it's the opposite, i thought. thin necks can make you cramp if you aren't careful.

if you aren't having the problem with the 335, it's possible it's the neck. I guess it's also possible that you have a bad habit which isn't noticeable on the 335.

i don't know to be honest. I just wanted to post to make sure you didn't follow the retarded advice to play through the pain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

it's the opposite, i thought. thin necks can make you cramp if you aren't careful.

if you aren't having the problem with the 335, it's possible it's the neck. I guess it's also possible that you have a bad habit which isn't noticeable on the 335.

i don't know to be honest. I just wanted to post to make sure you didn't follow the retarded advice to play through the pain.

Perhaps i should loan my friends guitar for abit, has a fatter neck too. Can't take the strat back though, too late for that :/
thin necks cause my hands to cramp too, you can get a thicker neck for your strat if you want to drop about $100 to make it more playable.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah i was playin someones thinline telecaster one night and at the end of the night my hand was cramped up to my elbow. if it hurts i would seriously recomend playing a different one. guitar is about fun, not about constant pain
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
thin necks cause my hands to cramp too, you can get a thicker neck for your strat if you want to drop about $100 to make it more playable.

Yeah, i was thinking of buying another neck. But i'm afraid that i might have to order it from the US. Problem is that i'm from Denmark and it's a long way from here. But not impossible i guess
Quote by customstrat92
i had the same problem when i went from a les paul to a strat, and i got a neck built with the same profile as my les paul from here http://musikraft.3dcartstores.com/

That's a tad expensive, is it around the standard price? i've looked abit at warmoth.com, and think it's around the same though