Is anyone else going to this.
I found out that the ticket is over 18s cause of the bar and im only 16 and I dont know if i can get in or not. Anyone had any experience of this and still got in anyway? And if anyone knows about getting into Mandela Hall please do tell

I am sad after finding out that i might not be able to go, at least Paul Gilbert isn't coming to Belfast or i would probably be crying now lol.
Just walk in. I've been to plenty of 18+ gigs. I'm sixteen but I look about 14.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
dude you have to get in somehow, i saw him in birmingham last week. that man is full of epic and win, and thats just gilbert.

seriously get in.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by dudeman_andy
dude you have to get in somehow, i saw him in birmingham last week. that man is full of epic and win, and thats just gilbert.

seriously get in.

i know!!! i must... somehow!!
Yeah I'm going to it, and I'm 15, and I look younger. I made a thread on FastFude (N.Ireland's music scene site) and everyone says I'm not gonna get it. But my 21 year old brother is taking me, so that increases my chance of getting in. Where abouts you from?
Quote by duggyrocks
Yeah I'm going to it, and I'm 15, and I look younger. I made a thread on FastFude (N.Ireland's music scene site) and everyone says I'm not gonna get it. But my 21 year old brother is taking me, so that increases my chance of getting in. Where abouts you from?

Larne (aka ****hole) im not going with anyone older at the minute but i could try to increase my chances like you, or maybe you could smuggle me in somehow
yeah maybe something could be arranged

But honestly... fake ID? I dunno. My friend who's also coming is using one, but then again he actually does look 18. Or you could ask my guitar teacher to smuggle you in, hes going too
My sisters friends friend i htink works there as a doorman i could get them to like let me in somehow but i dont think thats gonna work.
O.o

I may just now go to this. It's in Mandella so they'll probably ask for ID or student card. If you can get a student card of someone who looks like you, it's your best bet. Mandella is small so that'd be a really cool intimate gig. Mandella gets loads of brilliant acts.

Are you sure it's in Mandella? Don't see it advertised in the SU website under gigs.
I saw him last night, he's absolutely insane

that is all.

you should be able to get in really.
Quote by tyronelab
O.o

I may just now go to this. It's in Mandella so they'll probably ask for ID or student card. If you can get a student card of someone who looks like you, it's your best bet. Mandella is small so that'd be a really cool intimate gig. Mandella gets loads of brilliant acts.

Are you sure it's in Mandella? Don't see it advertised in the SU website under gigs.

I dont think I know anyone in N.I who looks like me and my family doesnt look like me aswell, Look at my profile pic lol. and im only like 5,4 just to make it worse.

At least you are old enough to get in. Is it just 18 because of the bar cause Joe is a cool guy pretty sure he doesnt swear or anything at all.
i was supposed to go on friday in vicar st but im graduating that nite
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
It's just cause the Union has a bar. There'll be alcohol sold and it's a premise with an alcohol license. Hopefully you could get in. There'll be two doors though and each will have at least 2-3 bouncers, including for specifically male and female searching. If you manage to slip past the bouncers asking for ID then the rest won't do anything.

The only other way would be to go into the Union early, then try and sneak in over the barrier which will be there to cut the queue off from the rest of the union.
Mandela hall is dick easy to get into, I was drinking in it when I was 17, so they'll easily let you in. I'm not going though, only really wanted to see Gilbert. He's coming at a later date to Spring And Airbrake though, tickets are about 17 quid. it's probably a bit harder to get into without ID though.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by tyronelab
It's just cause the Union has a bar. There'll be alcohol sold and it's a premise with an alcohol license. Hopefully you could get in. There'll be two doors though and each will have at least 2-3 bouncers, including for specifically male and female searching. If you manage to slip past the bouncers asking for ID then the rest won't do anything.

The only other way would be to go into the Union early, then try and sneak in over the barrier which will be there to cut the queue off from the rest of the union.

Hmmm sounds hard. 2-3 bouncers?? i dont think i can make it :S i might try and go anyway. Maybe i can pull of the whole stand on somebodys shoulders and wear a giant coat thing.
I think I'm going, and I'm 14...
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Sirnogbert
Mandela hall is dick easy to get into, I was drinking in it when I was 17, so they'll easily let you in. I'm not going though, only really wanted to see Gilbert. He's coming at a later date to Spring And Airbrake though, tickets are about 17 quid. it's probably a bit harder to get into without ID though.

Holy **** Gilbert??? Spring And Airbrake??? That i have to get into somehow. Ill only be 17 then :/

So they ddnt check for I.D at all or did you slip past them somehow?
Oh yeah forgot to mention. In the last year or so they've stopped serving alcohol in the actual hall, only in the bar opposite. This may increase your chances of getting in, they'll just not let you in the actual bar section.

EDIT: Just didn't check ID. I probably looked 18, but my friend who is actually older thaan me looks a lot younger and they didn't even check his. That said i've only been in it a few times when I was under the drinking age.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by Sirnogbert
Oh yeah forgot to mention. In the last year or so they've stopped serving alcohol in the actual hall, only in the bar opposite. This may increase your chances of getting in, they'll just not let you in the actual bar section.

WOOT ty for the info. This looks promising.
Quote by Sirnogbert

EDIT: Just didn't check ID. I probably looked 18, but my friend who is actually older thaan me looks a lot younger and they didn't even check his. That said i've only been in it a few times when I was under the drinking age.

Well a few times is enough for me. lol
I saw him and Paul at Bristol on Saturday night.

Colston Hall.

IT WAS ****ING BRILLIANT! It was everything I wanted and more. ALL, and I mean ALL the right notes were played, all the awesome subtle touches were there and on the other end of the scale it rocked hard. Very professional, very fun!

I went with my parents and bro; only negative is I got dehydrated from drinkin' throughout the day and it was hot as hell in the hall, but it added to the overall awesomeness!

You will need at least £20 for a tshirt btw. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed with Paul or Joe; their bands are ****ing brilliant.

Cheers!
Quote by Jackolas
I saw him and Paul at Bristol on Saturday night.

Colston Hall.

IT WAS ****ING BRILLIANT! It was everything I wanted and more. ALL, and I mean ALL the right notes were played, all the awesome subtle touches were there and on the other end of the scale it rocked hard. Very professional, very fun!

I went with my parents and bro; only negative is I got dehydrated from drinkin' throughout the day and it was hot as hell in the hall, but it added to the overall awesomeness!

You will need at least £20 for a tshirt btw. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed with Paul or Joe; their bands are ****ing brilliant.

Cheers!

AHHHHH i have to go. Well Paul isnt going anyway so thats a bummer (i prefer him aswell).
Are the T-shirts any good? what do they look like?
I've been to there and Spring and Airbrake a few times and they didn't check me for ID. Chances are you'll get in to see Joe Satirani.
I saw them at birmingham last week. Paul Gilbert was amazing, but i thought Joe Satriani was sooo boring, and i say that being a big fan and owning most of his albums and meeting the guy himself. Apart from about 5 or 6 songs, he sounded like he was playing the same 3 songs all night. He played every song note perfect, but his set list choice was pretty bad.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
Quote by Mr.Kvx10
AHHHHH i have to go. Well Paul isnt going anyway so thats a bummer (i prefer him aswell).
Are the T-shirts any good? what do they look like?

Pretty good in my opinion; they had about 3 for each, Satch had a red tour tshirt and a black one with the new album artwork and ALL the dates on the back (theres loads, its ace).

Trust me, Satch puts on a really fantastic show you should try and get in. I wish you alot of luck

Edit - it's funny you should say that about the setlist (to the dude with the badger avatar); my bro thought Satch was way more varied than Paul.

I loved both anyway and couldn't really say which I enjoyed more - but Satch maybe as he played longer.
Quote by Jackolas
Pretty good in my opinion; they had about 3 for each, Satch had a red tour tshirt and a black one with the new album artwork and ALL the dates on the back (theres loads, its ace).

Trust me, Satch puts on a really fantastic show you should try and get in. I wish you alot of luck

Thanks alot!

Calling all people who are going to this from N.I. Look for me inside
If there's anyone that needs a ticket a friend of mine ( Virgil Hart nonetheless ) is selling one for £25. Send me a PM if yer interested and I'll send you his e-mail address.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

They never ask for ID at gigs for entry, they let anyone in so don't worry.

And the bassist was so entertaining when he did a solo bit for a while haha. I went in manchester, awesome.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I've been going to over 16 gigs at the Mandela since I was 12 and I've never had any bother. Over 18 shows are a different story though. I haven't actually been to any, but I hear nowhere is harder to get into in Belfast...
Well i got in and it was amazing!!

Some of the songs i was unfamiliar with cause i havent heard the new album but he played most of the classics so it was great.

Can anyone who was there tell me the name of the opening band? they were really good actually.

And why does Stu Hamm get booed? is it a tradition or something.
Last edited by Mr.Kvx10 at May 24, 2008,
Quote by duggyrocks
Saw you there man. I was the youngest looking person in the place.

Yeah it was great. And stu hamm didnt get booed, they were shouting "stuuuuuuuuuuuuu".

Ah i see, so it ends up sounding like a boo. The name of the opening band was the Ned Evett Band i found out. I didnt know he played fretless guitars ! nice.

And i didnt see you :/ i dont even know what you look like :P
So its Paul Gilbert next for me, Nov 21, Spring and Airbrake.

Whos with me !!