I was wondering what kinda amp settings you'd recommend to get this kinda tone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77aPIDQs-0&feature=related

I guess bridge pickup on the bass, and on the amp neutral bass, boosted treble and what about the mids? Your suggestions please
Lower your action to a stupid level with the aforementioned active bass with new Rotos. Even a flat EQ can get the job done. Just don't forget that low action and near-straight neck.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Lower your action to a stupid level with the aforementioned active bass with new Rotos. Even a flat EQ can get the job done. Just don't forget that low action and near-straight neck.

Are you reffering to the fretbuzz when he picks up the warwick ?
The new strings part can be done, my Bass has active EMG electronics, now its just down to the amp settings.
I set my Cube to the Ampeg model cause thats what he plays through- I still cant quite put my finger on what gives his tone that edge thats so hard to describe...
I guess playing through a couple-thousand-dollar rig kinda helps
Last edited by alreadygone at May 19, 2008,
Yes, really, as do amps with tweeters and active, not passive amp EQs. But seriously, having both pickups on and really, really low action (on both basses) will help wonders. I will say, though, that his strings sound like nickel as opposed to steel.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, right now I've got D'Addario Nickel strings on and both pickups on max-
Amp is set to (in o'clock) Bass @ 2:30, Mids @ 1:30, Treble @ 2; the electronics on the bass are set up similar. Well I gues that gets close-- Unless anyone else has a better setting?
The answer to my question is probably simply the fact that he uses some high-end amp... Gotta get myself one of those !