So if I cant afford a real Gibson Explorer, next best alternative is......
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Epiphone?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
ESP LTD.

ESP > Gibson > ESP LTD > Epiphone
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
epiphone witha gibson truss rod cover (if it's in the same style as the firebird, but i can;t remeber of the top of my head)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028

This would be my choice assuming you're going to be playing metal. There are others though, I just find that this is the one I prefer in terms of price, quality, and playability.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I picked a ESP EX50 LTD the other day, and I have to say it's a great Guitar tbh.

Though, I'd get a EX-400 if I were you. Best in the series. Olympic White is awesome too
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Epi or Hamer for rock/hard rock/other stuff, or ESP EX-400 (with EMGs) for metal.
epi goth explorer. fast neck. pickups arent that great but overall good action for metal and all rock. plus looks cool
....................................................................................................................................................................................
Thanks All. The ESP 400 is sweet.... let cha know....
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
i'd say get the epiphone explorer, the shpae is much closer to the GIbson, if you have a real good look you can find some that are a better colour than the goth grey/b;ack or the slightly tacky Korina yellow.

I play metal, all sorts and i have to say my explorer, an epi with EMg's is all i could advise, i dont know if i got lucky but i feel it plays better than the LTD equivalent, but that maybe personal preference anyway.

play them both and decide, although i'd say dont judge the epiphone on the sound because you'll have to change the pick ups, but with the money you'd save it wouldnt end up much more expensive than the LTD in the end anyway.....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
blah ESP i tried a friends ESP Super V and in my opinion its not so great...rather use my explorer