i started playin like a 2 months ago, i can play some, not much tho, and every time i find a song that i like and want to learn, it always turns out to be outrageously difficult.
any help on this problem??
any good suggestions?
i know how to play smoke on the water, 7 nation army, dust in the wind,, come as you are and smells like teen spirit.
thats it.
any more?????

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
learn metal not crap common man go learn sad but true by metallica it is based on very very east power chordes
any offspring shud do you.

and if u want to improve fast try learning some bad religion - bit more technical than offspring and is quite a bit faster at times! me remembers the days of knackered arms trying to pla yan entire album start to finish - reli helps to strengthen the forearm tho!
my rule i give everyone when teaching them, or if they ask what to learn is - if you can't hum it, you can't strum it. make sure you are picking songs you are familiar enough with that you can hum them without having to hear it right before. after a while you wont need this as help but as a beginner you really need to make sure you know what you are playing, otherwise it won't matter how easy the songs/riffs are you won't be able to play them
thanlks for all the posts. i definitly will try.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by freakypop
learn metal not crap common man go learn sad but true by metallica it is based on very very east power chordes

Not only did that make very little sense, it's also really **** advice, to be fair.

if someone has been learning for 2 months, don't tell them to learn a Metallica song, even if it is one of the easier ones, it could put him off guitar if he can't play it, i've seen it happen to plenty of people.

learn the basics first, get a good solid foundation to build on with harder songs.

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest has a pretty cool easy riff in it, try learning that.
haha its funny you say that about the humming, everytime i play something i hum it. ive always did that. lol and i didnt even think about it.

yes, i am a girl.
learn some ACDC, lots of easy riffs. paradise city, it's so easy (guns n' roses).
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Killing in the Name's riff is really easy. A lot of RATM riffs are
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Quote by psychokiller99
learn some ACDC, lots of easy riffs. paradise city, it's so easy (guns n' roses).

definitly will do.
love guns n' roses

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by rich420
Not only did that make very little sense, it's also really **** advice, to be fair.

if someone has been learning for 2 months, don't tell them to learn a Metallica song, even if it is one of the easier ones, it could put him off guitar if he can't play it, i've seen it happen to plenty of people.

learn the basics first, get a good solid foundation to build on with harder songs.

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest has a pretty cool easy riff in it, try learning that.

im a "her"
lol thanks tho.

yes, i am a girl.
Dammit - Blink 182
The Hell Song - Sum 41
Empty Apartment - Yellowcard
Everything's Magic - Angels & Airwaves

Mainstream and easy
thankss ill try it

yes, i am a girl.
if you want to learn metal learn runes to my memory by amon amarth. it will help you with speed picking. i realize you are a beginner and this song is actually a novice song. i suggest you get guitar pro 5 you can download a 15 dayfree trial. good luck
thanks, im gonna try that.

yes, i am a girl.
Dude, generally punk is the easiest genre to learn on and produces the easiest songs to play. I learned to play guitar on The Misfits. Id recommend the misfits, ramones, the stooges, etc.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by Strat = Love
Killing in the Name's riff is really easy. A lot of RATM riffs are

^i definitely agree, that song is super simple, and amazingly fun, everything is pretty basic, except the solo, and only because its done with a whammy pedal,

but all the other parts you should have no problem with, and its good to learn with, it uses palm mutes, power chords, and a few other things youll definitely need to learn
Turquoise Team Beasts!
i dont know what kind of music you're into but i recommend stairway to heaven as its very easy. the solo could be one of your goals as you get better
i listen to all kinds, im just a big fan of rock in general. and reggae.
but your mot gettin much reggae on a guitar.
i actually found a song that i really love that worked really well for me,
well just the band in general has great songs, staind is great,
thanks for all the suggestions, some of them worked great.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by wretchedspawn
if you want to learn metal learn runes to my memory by amon amarth. it will help you with speed picking. i realize you are a beginner and this song is actually a novice song. i suggest you get guitar pro 5 you can download a 15 dayfree trial. good luck

It is an easy song if you know the proper techniques including palm muting, alternate picking and tremolo picking.

But for a beginner, I'd suggest staying away because you might get frustrated.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
You can try Like a Stone-Audioslave and basically any band Tom Morello's in (RATM) because he plays a lot of easy stuff.
Baba O'Riley is just simple power chords for the most part.

Here are some things my cousin suggested to me when I was starting out. (they required practice)

Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Castles Made of Sand by Jimi Hendrix (I also decided to learn other songs by JHendrix including Little Wing and Purple Haze)

I also suggest Icky Thump by The White Stripes.

Say It Ain't So by Weezer (E flat tuning mind you)

Something So Right by Paul Simon is an amazing song with an amazing intro(capo on the first fret)

Hotel California By the Eagles (requires Barre Chords)

The intro to Across the Universe by The Beatles is just simple finger picking

*If you have trouble with those try waiting until you get better but keep them in mind, they are great things to improve your skill.
Quote by freakypop

That's not particularly helpful.

TS, you're best bet is to stop trying to learn songs you like and instead spend some time learnign to play the guitar. That's going to entail some boring some stuff and also learning some songs you don't know and might not like that much...however it'll benefit you a lot in the long run and it'll mean you'll learn things a lot quicker.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com