Hey, I was reading about Job For A Cowboy, and I realized how young they are, so that got me thinking, what is the youngest metal band out there? And how good would you say they are?
Blacktide was it? Their vocalist is 15 and they're pretty okay.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
If you think they're metal, Black Tide is really young.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Crimson Plate (i think there called) are an extremely young thrash band
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
If you think they're metal, Black Tide is really young.

Coming from the guy with an a7x username.
Quote by Sylvanus
Coming from the guy with an a7x username.

**** you, it was a mistake which I regret deeply.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
The Light of Doom.

They're like 12 and 13.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
And one more question, insanely off topic. I read that corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse can maintain a low scream while singing/growling/ whatever lyrics.

I haven't really heard the band much, but this interests me. How does he do that? I have also heard of people that can do lows and highs at the same time. Could it be because Corpsegrinder doesn't use proper technique?
Quote by shredder2be93
And one more question, insanely off topic. I read that corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse can maintain a low scream while singing/growling/ whatever lyrics.

I haven't really heard the band much, but this interests me. How does he do that? I have also heard of people that can do lows and highs at the same time. Could it be because Corpsegrinder doesn't use proper technique?

If I remember correctly, being able to do highs AND lows AT THE SAME TIME, is something only true Monks (?) know how to do. And yes, near anyone can say actual words whilst growling.

And about Light of Doom, they're pretty good. Aside from appearing to be living cliche's, they may grow up to be real good. Assuming their parents don't take over their career and shape them to be the next nickelback
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by shredder2be93

Multiple vocal takes in recording
To schecter, I know you can say words while growling, but the way they described it sounded very different then what you are talking about.
Black Tide.

Why would Black Tide not be metal? They are on the metal archives, and that place is really picky about what they consider metal.
OMG the naked brothers band is br00tally metal! they are awesome and like 8 years old each!
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

I can't remember their names... but it was something like "Kids from hell" or "Children from hell" but they were like 12-14 or so. They were a lame death metal band. I know the kids names were like Harley and Riley or something. They were brothers and their dad played bass after the original kid quit.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I know this for a fact. Threshold has two 15 yr olds and two 14 yr olds.
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
Crooked X is like 14. And they're touring with KISS!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
i saw the title of this thread, and first thought of Black Tide.

but everyone already said it

and again how is black tide not metal. they're pretty awsome
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by tehbensonzorz
youngest signed band would prob be Blacktide, but they arent very good imo. the best young band tho is diamond plate, easily. last i checked guitarist was 15, bassist/vocalist was 15 and drummer was 16.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1yrVnk7Ao4s

i'm impressed. it makes me wonder what the hell i've been doing all these years.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by tehbensonzorz
youngest signed band would prob be Blacktide, but they arent very good imo. the best young band tho is diamond plate, easily. last i checked guitarist was 15, bassist/vocalist was 15 and drummer was 16.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1yrVnk7Ao4s

Dang, look at those little bastards go! The bassist looks like Claudio Sanchez.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Trivium were pretty young when they did their first album.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by SupremeACL
Crooked X is like 14. And they're touring with KISS!

they are from the town right next mine. i personally cant stand their music but its cool they are playing with kiss.
Decapitated started in high school while the guys were around 14. Vitek was 12 when they formed, if I remember correctly.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them