Hey guys. I am selling my acoustic since I never play it. It is a 2007 Alvarez FD60 acoustic electric in the amber color. It is in near perfect condition with only some very minor scratches from picking. It looks and sounds great. What do you think I should sell for? I am having a hard time deciding on a fair price.
~Nick
probably a little less than what you paid for it would be fair....
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
I paid 350 for it. Online they go for right around $350 but at retail stores I haven't seen them for less than $550.
~Nick
Quote by ccrnnr9
I paid 350 for it. Online they go for right around $350 but at retail stores I haven't seen them for less than $550.
~Nick

oh ok...then 300 if its in good condition.
hmm ok. Well I have been trying to sell it at 300-350 for a good month now with no luck. My local shop said they would give me $250 credit towards this brand new MIM strat (the guitar that I am buying) if I traded it in. I am just wondering whether I should continue to hold out until I get $300 or if I should do the "trade."
Quote by ccrnnr9
hmm ok. Well I have been trying to sell it at 300-350 for a good month now with no luck. My local shop said they would give me $250 credit towards this brand new MIM strat (the guitar that I am buying) if I traded it in. I am just wondering whether I should continue to hold out until I get $300 or if I should do the "trade."

ah, go for the trade...that's probably your best bet.
try to post it on eBay.. i tried it once.. i sold my TKL dreadnaught hardcase in less than a month.. make the most out of it.. 300$ is way better than 250..
normally i would say take the $250 because that's way more than a shop would give you on average for a $350 guitar...... BUT i just did a little poking around and for some reason... this particular guitar doesn't seem to depreciate much. i found a few instances of people buying used ones for $300. so yeah, i would consider putting it on eBay. there aren't any other FD60s on eBay right now. if there just happens to be a few people looking for one, they'll all have to bid on yours!
The ebay suggestion is a good one, but make sure you pack the guitar VERY carefully or you might end up refunding all that newfound money and getting a mangled guitar back in return.

Loosen all the strings, LOTS of foam peanuts (balled up paper stays smushed after being compressed, not good). Do NOT use bubble wrap, as its known to react with certain guitar finishes and it's better not to take that risk. In fact, don't use any plastic to wrap the guitar. It's best to ship the guitar in its case, but if you're keeping the case, then put the guitar in box with a ton of peanuts, wrap that box in plastic, and then float that box in a second box also packed with peanuts.
Quote by sunshowers
The ebay suggestion is a good one, but make sure you pack the guitar VERY carefully or you might end up refunding all that newfound money and getting a mangled guitar back in return.

This is why you ALWAYS insure anything of value you sell on eBay. It's a common misconception that shipping insurance is to protect the buyer, but it's not. Shipping insurance is to protect the seller.

It works out well for you as a seller though. The buyers think you are protecting them and their new purchase, but you're really protecting yourself and they are paying for it with the shipping charges.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess I will give ebay a try. I have an original double box that the guitar was shipped to me in. I will send it in that if I have to send it via mail. I was hesitant about selling on ebay as I have never sold a guitar for much profit there but maybe I should try.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
Quote by jimtaka
This is why you ALWAYS insure anything of value you sell on eBay. It's a common misconception that shipping insurance is to protect the buyer, but it's not. Shipping insurance is to protect the seller.

It works out well for you as a seller though. The buyers think you are protecting them and their new purchase, but you're really protecting yourself and they are paying for it with the shipping charges.

Ahh, that's a very good point!