Hey

I have had my jvm with a 1960 cab for about 6 months now and it has worked great until recently. Idk really what happened. Those awesome cleans just dont sound the same to me anymore. The are fine until you turn it up about past a quarter volume and then they just get dirty, especially when i hit hard notes. And everytime i turn on the amp, it makes these wierd popping noises, kinda loud too. All of the other channels dont really sounds the same either, but in the cleans its most noticeable.

*NOTE
probably like a month ago, i was playing and i had like a volume decrease. soo i looked over the amp towards the tubes and one of the power tubes like popped really loud and looked as if it had blew up, but after this all was fine. Things have gotten worse from there tho.

The cleans are especially bad when i use the wah pedal

What could this problem be? Most likely tubes i supposed... but what should i do?

PS
This was my first actual tube amp...
yup, sounds like it's time to change those tubes. which is weird, cuz they are supposed to last longer than that i think. do you play at a high volume everyday? maybe they were biased too hot to begin with.

anyways, yeah, change the tubes. you should read up and biasing and all that (unless you already know what that is). change 'em and get'em biased. and i suggest being a little careful when you move your amp around. not saying you aren't, but that may be one of the reasons your tubes have gone so soon.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Dead power tubes would explain the pops and decrease in volume. Preamp might be the crappy sound on the clean channel. I'd just do a full retube honestly, but if you're on a budget, replace the power tubes first and see if that clears it up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Dead power tubes would explain the pops and decrease in volume. Preamp might be the crappy sound on the clean channel. I'd just do a full retube honestly, but if you're on a budget, replace the power tubes first and see if that clears it up.

How much would it cost to do a full retube on a jvm??