they are one of the biggest dealers out there. they are pretty good but every once in a while they screw up. i prefer to use americanmusical.com
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I've bought an amp and a few small items from them with no problems. They are one of the larger and more reputable online retailers. If you ever buy anything from them they will start sending catalogs all the time too
Sounds good. I was planning on buying a Dean Dimebag guitar from them because they're cheaper. The Dean Razorback DB Electric Guitar (Metallic Red) says its $50 cheaper then the guitar center has them for. I believe.. or is the red just naturally cheaper?
Quote by Niczawr
Sounds good. I was planning on buying a Dean Dimebag guitar from them because they're cheaper. The Dean Razorback DB Electric Guitar (Metallic Red) says its $50 cheaper then the guitar center has them for. I believe.. or is the red just naturally cheaper?

red is naturally cheaper
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Colgate Total
You can trust them, they're legit. Although there have been stories about bad shipping.

Bad shipping as in Musicians friend messed up by sending the wrong thing or something, or damage during shipping
Keeping it real since '92
bad shipping as in not shipping it at all
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
red is naturally cheaper

Even at the guitar center?
Quote by Toolfan11
Bad shipping as in Musicians friend messed up by sending the wrong thing or something, or damage during shipping

Both, but it's really not something to worry that much about. For everyone one "Musician's Friend sucks" there's been about 200 "Musician's Friend is great."
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I've bought my G-400 and my amp from them and they both arrived in very good conditions.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by Niczawr

Just tell your guitar center. GC and Musicians Friend are affiliated and they will give you the same price
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
Just tell your guitar center. GC and Musicians Friend are affiliated and they will give you the same price

Yup, sister companies, plus, GC's still price match anyway. If you want to do it in store, shouldn't be a problem.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Colgate Total
Both, but it's really not something to worry that much about. For everyone one "Musician's Friend sucks" there's been about 200 "Musician's Friend is great."

Which is true for pretty much any company, really. You'll always find a few bad experiences, it's simply a fact of life. It happens. You just have to go through them and see how many positives are there, how they outweigh the negatives, and read the negatives to see exactly what the negatives were.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by hunter33
I've bought an amp and a few small items from them with no problems. They are one of the larger and more reputable online retailers. If you ever buy anything from them they will start sending catalogs all the time too

I bought something from them and I never got any catalog...

Anyway, yeah they are one, if not the largest online dealers (and maybe zzounds). I bought one of those value packages when I started playing and it got to me with no problems. And yes if you notice musician's friend and guitar center website have the exact same items and prices.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
most music stores actually sell the same price for everything..
I always check several and everyone has the same price.. like samash and americanmusical

but yeah I normally use Musicians Friend just because.. tbh I like the way the site is set up to find stuff over others

They let me send back a delay pedal just for the hell of it.. got full refund..
was in 45 day period and in perfect condition.. but still
returned cuz wanted to get a better one..
and wah pedal messed up several months after owning it.. let me send it back to get it fixed for free.. I think they're sending it to Dunlop or something but they sent a return address to them so it's all good..

but yeah, I've never had a problem from them.
Quote by TechnicolorType
most music stores actually sell the same price for everything..
I always check several and everyone has the same price.. like samash and americanmusical

but yeah I normally use Musicians Friend just because.. tbh I like the way the site is set up to find stuff over others

They let me send back a delay pedal just for the hell of it.. got full refund..
was in 45 day period and in perfect condition.. but still
returned cuz wanted to get a better one..
and wah pedal messed up several months after owning it.. let me send it back to get it fixed for free.. I think they're sending it to Dunlop or something but they sent a return address to them so it's all good..

but yeah, I've never had a problem from them.

They have the same items and they used to have the same layout. If you searched for something on musician's friend and nothing came up it would say nothing came up on guitarcenter.com. Also if you searched for something and something did come up, the same things would come up.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
When did I say I was talking about Guitar Center and Musicians Friend?
they're like the same site.
I said samash and americanmusical..
If they mess up shipping, you could get lucky.

One time I ordered a bunch of crap online, like games and such. Didn't come for like 3 weeks so I called the store and they sent out another one. The next day I got the original package, then a week later I got the second order.

Their fault
By the way, Guitarcenter owns musiciansfriend.

I believe I saw it in their terms and agreements.
I have gotten all 7 of my guitars from them as well as all the pedals I own. They are great, except for one time, one my guitars was damaged badly but I shipped and they sent me a new one in perfect condition.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I love musicians friend. Last friday i ordered a blem ltd v-500 for $531, apparently someone beat me to it but mf never notified me. I called two times, the first time i was told that it should be shipping on wednesday. The second time the lady told me that it was out of stock. So she phoned her manager and got me a brand new one for the blem price. This was this past saturday. I received my guitar at 10 AM this morning.
To people saying that Musicians Friend and GC are exactly the same... not true. MF deals ESP guitars.
if they do screw up shipping they do stuff in return that makes it all well worth your time

They are good
I buy from them all the time
Just buy a guitar from guitar center if possible.
Guitar center and Musicians friend are owned by the same people.
Signatures are overrated.
Yeah. I saw that MusciansFriend had a different price for the Guitar I wanted, then Guitarcenter had it marked down at. I think at MF- is like, 30$ less. If I can get it for the same price at the Guitar Center I might aswell save time for shipping and go grab it down there. That way I can see the condition of it.
The guitars I've ordered from MF (qty: 4) all arrived in perfect shape (delivered to Edmonton, Alberta). When they did f-up was when I ordered a bunch of small items ((4) dawa 5 pack of picks, some seymour duncan pick-ups, some clothes, and other stuff) and the dumbass who packed it was apparently afraid of using too much tape to seal it. During delivery I lost one of the pick ups and 3 out of 4 packs of picks out of the huge gaps left in the packaging. f-ing frustrating. I won't order small stuff from them again, just guitars LOL
I ordered my Vox Amp from them and Have to say I enjoyed the business got here Fast.. 2 days fast.. on cheapest shipping.. the only complaint I have is they didn't tell em a grand total till they took it out my account.. they just told me a 199.99 subtotal
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
I love it, bought an acoustic and a mandolin for bout 180 canadian, after taxes, duties. It would be like 110 for an american. No shipping probs either.
Quote by Niczawr
Yeah. I saw that MusciansFriend had a different price for the Guitar I wanted, then Guitarcenter had it marked down at. I think at MF- is like, 30$ less. If I can get it for the same price at the Guitar Center I might aswell save time for shipping and go grab it down there. That way I can see the condition of it.

Yah definetely do that!