Hey, this is my first post here. I've been playing the guitar for about a year, and up until now have been playing with a really cheap guitar+amp combo put out by Fender. I decided to upgrade both, and recently bought an Ibanez RG350EX which I really like. However, the guy at Sam Ash convinced me to get a Line 6 Spider III 30 amp, which I'm kinda disappointed with.

I mostly play classic rock and stuff that's a little heavier (like Iron Maiden). The Spider III has a pretty standard clean sound and a cool metal setting, but... I can't really get anything in between to sound good. While the "insane" distortion sounds pretty awesome, I don't really play that kind of music.

So yeah... I'd like an amp with a good distorted sound, but I don't want it to only be capable of super-heavy metal (like this Spider III seems to be). I don't see myself doing shows or anything any time in the future, so I don't need a huge amp. I heard good things about the Roland Cube series. What do you guys recommend?