My Dad is buying my gear for me and my budget for a guitar is about $250,000.00 and for an amp he's granted me about $500,000.00. I'd like to have some money left over for effects and such so I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. Cheers
noooo 250,000 CANADIAN

it's worthless

try guitar hero
it's cheap
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
-An original 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard
-call Jim Marshall, and ask him to design you a stack suited to your needs
he'll know what to do from there.
if you're talkin in US money WHAT THE ****!!!! with that money you can buy a ****in studio!!!

Just buy a Fender and a Line 6 Spider amp if you're a beginner
Quote by cheez1492
noooo 250,000 CANADIAN

it's worthless

try guitar hero
it's cheap

hmm, didn't the Canadian dollar surpass the American one?
isn't your country going into recession?
Quote by -heartbreaker-

you're right...

what a buzzkill
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by -heartbreaker-

funkiller
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by -heartbreaker-

Hm, don't we still run the ****ing world?
Quote by Gibson_Left

only till china gets bigger
Quote by Gibson_Left

if you do, great job!

/sarcasm

and no. you don't run the whole ****ing world and you never did. it's stupid to think that any kind of country could ever do so.

..now let's stop this before it turns into an argument and get back on the real issue here..TS has $750,000 to buy gear
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

ha that american joke was uneccessary. UG is FULL of different ethnic backgrounds and to insult someone's country or part of the world like that is uncalled for, alrite?

yea i'm 100% born and raised in america, born in Georgia in fact, but that doesn't make me feel superior to other parts of the world!! basic economics will tell you that if it weren't for every country working together, we pretty much have a VERY limited selection of ANYTHING. not to mention we couldn't have marshall or Engl or Vox amps.

so let's not throw out suggestive phrases like that. i don't want any continental battle on UG forming.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
and TS, clarify whether that was a typo in the original post or if you're just WASTING MY DAMN TIME.

i hate threads that are 50-50 on whether or not they're BS. thanx
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Epiphone SG400, valve jr, (or blackheart LG), and Bad monkey OD for a pedal.
i assume he means 750 $ total... i think a good versatile rig would be a peavey classic thirty, and a strat or tele (used)

or if you want to do teh brutalz valveking + ibanez rg
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I think someone's lying...or they need hepl with their decimals and such.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
oh no...I'm not lying. My family is filthy rich and I get whatever I want (within reason...my Dad still hasn't given me more than $1 million dollars for any one purchase). Anyway, I have the best of everything and I'm generally the best at everything, and I've decided to become the best at heavy metal guitar. Somebody mentioned a wall of marshalls like Kiss has. I'm getting my Dad's secretary to get on the horn with Kiss' management to see what the going rate is for one of their walls of stacks. If they want more than $500,000.00 CAD though, I'm screwed. My Dad said he won't give me more than that until I'm 35 (I'm only 30). Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...keep em coming.
Wow, this thread is total fail.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by afrika18
oh no...I'm not lying. My family is filthy rich and I get whatever I want (within reason...my Dad still hasn't given me more than $1 million dollars for any one purchase). Anyway, I have the best of everything and I'm generally the best at everything, and I've decided to become the best at heavy metal guitar. Somebody mentioned a wall of marshalls like Kiss has. I'm getting my Dad's secretary to get on the horn with Kiss' management to see what the going rate is for one of their walls of stacks. If they want more than $500,000.00 CAD though, I'm screwed. My Dad said he won't give me more than that until I'm 35 (I'm only 30). Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...keep em coming.

30 years old.... living off of parents...

30 years old.... wanting to be the best at metal guitar but you're just a noob

30 years old.... pathetic... Disservice to all hard working musicians... Rock was invented to stick it to the man.. And the "man" was people like you bro...

I really hope that this thread is a joke... because if it's not, the you're the joke.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
to save this miserable thread i suggest a dumble overdrive special, with two two rock cabinets, and a bad cat x-treme tone before that. also go for a william henderson acoustic, a sl1 soloist and a parker nitefly koa, add a univibe for effects and a eh memory man and a holiest grail reverb and there you go affluent man.
Last edited by maverick_137 at May 19, 2008,
Can you have your dad send me a couple grand?

But, this sounds like a joke.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Going by your other threads. You're being an eeejit. Unless your Dad just won the super dooper lottery.
These go to eleven...