Hey, I was looking to pick up some good quality maracas to have around, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any particular brands or models or anything. No, they don't all sound the same.

While I'm at it, anyone also know of any good bongo or conga makers?

Thanks,
Ketchup
Quote by KetchupLad14
No saben?

Necesito te ayuda, por favor.

No se amigo.

Lo siento.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Latin Percussion makes good stuff.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Just for future reference, I found the Latin Percussion Professional Maracas for $18.99 a pair, thinking that was too cheap, but then I realized they were the same ones I saw in a picture of the gear at a Mars Volta show, so I'm assuming they're quality. For future reference.
well if you want a shaker i say go with lp. i hate their maracas. do you need a harsher sound or something a bit smoother?

EDIT: sorry im thinking of ludwig maracas. yeah LPs are good. perhaps try the rhythm tech ones? i always love their stuff.
Last edited by StageLife30 at May 20, 2008,
I'm gonna buy a bongo drum soon, too. But I don't have a clue about them.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by StageLife30
well if you want a shaker i say go with lp. i hate their maracas. do you need a harsher sound or something a bit smoother?

EDIT: sorry im thinking of ludwig maracas. yeah LPs are good. perhaps try the rhythm tech ones? i always love their stuff.

Yeah, I got those LP ones I posted above. Their loud, but they sound nice and thick. You need to have some other instrument with it to balance out the sound a little more so than other shaker-type-things I've heard, but that's fine.

And bongos/congas?