So my band's singer just recently quit. (Thank god he sucked) and we got a band new singer. We've got a gig in two weeks and need 2-3 easy songs that feature a woman singer. When I say easy, I mean easy so we can get down and mess around on stage quickly.

Another thing is that the singer used to be my ex and I still have feelings for her. I don't want to get in anything more than a friend relationship with her, but do you think this could eventually mess up the band?
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if the song features a woman or not. A girl can sing a song written for a man and vice/versa. Obviously though, this depends on the lyrics. Keys can always be changed etc.

So your best bet would probably be to pick a song that could be sung by either sex, because you'll have a lot more to choose from. Of course for some reason at this moment I can't actually think of any. I'll edit this when I do...
we know a place no spaceships go
So my band's singer just recently quit. (Thank god he sucked) and we got a band new singer. We've got a gig in two weeks and need 2-3 easy songs that feature a woman singer. When I say easy, I mean easy so we can get down and mess around on stage quickly.

Lots of songs work with a female singer whether or not they originally had one. Try House of the Rising Sun (The original folk song had a female singer), Why Do You Love Me by Garbage, Somebody to Love by Jefferson Airplane, Zombie by The Cranberries, or Nobody Does It Better by Shirley Bassey. Pretty much any of them are easy songs to learn, and have female vocalists, and will all be popular for your average gig-goer.

What sort of music do you play? What sort of singing range does she have? Do you have one, two, or more guitarists? I might come up with some more based on those.
A perfect circle was intended to have a female singer, so try some of those songs. Sorry I really can't think of any off the top of my head.

Another thing is that the singer used to be my ex and I still have feelings for her. I don't want to get in anything more than a friend relationship with her, but do you think this could eventually mess up the band?

This is all on you, don't make it awkward for her. Hopefully you wanted her in your band because she can sing and not because of your feelings for her
or try sky sweetnam (im not gay, its just that a girl in my class talks about her all thet time and songs seem to be easy, she plays them)
Amy Macdonald - Mr Rock n Roll
KT Tunstall - I Don't Want You Now
Avril Lavigne - Complicated

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Susan Tedeschi - Gonna Move
not sure if you're in the bluesy/rock field but thats just what i would play.
for hard rock i might try Courtney Love or something like that.
Straylight Run, One True Thing, some Circa Survive if you can pull it off
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
sweet child o mine can be sung by a girl, its a brilliant song and ive heard female singers sing it and it sounded great (im NOT refering to ferige's version by the black eyed peas, that suked ass).