I know there are people out there who listen to Built to Spill cuz' there's over 60 submitted tabs for em' on this site.

Two of my favorite tracks by the band; "Would Hurt a Fly" & "Out of Site" have no tabs to be found on the web.

Please someone help as I'm to much of a novice to tell what it takes to tab something out, but most of their songs seem somewhat simple.

So either or both would be great!!!

Would Hurt a Fly and/or Out of Site

Thanks in advance!
I was watching the song "Would Hurt a Fly"played live and it's easy to tab it, but right now I gotta go to work, I can tab it for you later ..check tomorrow
I second the fact that Built to Spill is an awesome band. The issue though is that they have three guitarists all doing different things all the time, and generally its very hard to tab out. They also are quite a jam band, and rarely play a song the same way twice.

Ill also take this oppurtunity to ask for a tab for "Distopian Dream Girl" please! (get the first two done first though :P)
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
it seems like Doug Martsch has an acoustic solo version of most of their songs though. That's what I'm really after.
there are some variations throughout the song, like for instance, in the verse, he sometimes arpeggios the c7 and d7 completely, etc...

Chords:
Verse: Gm D/F# C7 D7

Eb7 Gm Eb7

Bridge: Eb7 Gm Eb7 Gm Bm Eb F7 Bb D7 Gm F C7
Intro:
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------|------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------|------|
G|-------------3-------------0-----------0----------0---------------|-------|
D|-----------------------3------3------------3----------3/5----5---|-------|(2)
A|---------1-------1---------------1------------0-------------------|---1---|
E|----3---------------------------------------------------------------|---0---|

Verse:
e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------3--------2-------2---------2---------------------3-----------------5-------------|
D|-----------------------------------0----------0---------0h2-------2--------4----------------|repeat
A|---------1-------1----------------------------------3--------------------/5------------5-------|
E|----3----------------------2---------------------------------------------------------------------|

Somewhere along the instrumental:
e|---------------------0--------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----4----4------------4------------------------------------------------4-----------|
G|-----6-------5-----------------------3----------0---------0------------6--------------|
D|-----5----------6----------------------------3------3--------3---------5--------------|
A|-----6---------------------------1-------1--------------1--------1-----6--------------|
E|------------------------------3-------------------------------------------------------|

Bridge:
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------|
B|-----4--------------------------------------------------------4-----3------|
G|-----6---------------------3----------0---------0-----------6-----3---------|
D|-----5-----------------------------3------3--------3--------5-----5---------|
A|-----6----------------1-------1--------------1--------1-----6-----5----------|
E|------------------3--------------------------------------------------3-----|

Bb Db F7 Bb D7 Gm F C7
e|---6------------------------6--------------3------1------0----------------------|
B|---6-------8--------6------6------3------3------1------1----------------------------|
G|---7-------8--------8------7------5----- 4------2------3----------------------------|
D|---8-------8--------7------8------4------5------3------2-----------------------------|
A|---8-------6--------8------8------5------5------3------3---------------------------|
E|---6-------------------------6-------------3------1-----------------------------|
Last edited by crmrz at May 23, 2008,
Since you were talking about the acoustic solo, there's an additional part for this song (it's not on the record) that I'll transcribe it for you; it's almost at the end of the song...
e|--------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------3---------3------------2----------2--------| (3) and then D7 Eb7....
D|---------------0-----1-----------------3-----3--------|
A|-------1-------------3---------0-------------1--------|
E|----3----------------------1---------------------------|
let you go to sleep.......
I just downloaded out of site and distopian dream girl ,so give me some time to try to tab them.....I'll post'em on UG..check in a few days...
Last edited by crmrz at May 23, 2008,