got my cab today (Mesa 2x12, not my favorite choice for what i wanted in a cab, but i got a good deal from my cousin). So he brings my amp in and hooks it up before i got there, turns it on, lets it warm up and switches off from standby and theres no sound at all.

the indicator light is working, but no sound. Now he didnt mess with the ohm selection on the back, it was set at 8 and each speaker is set at 8 ohms, now i know this isnt right. Could not having it on the right ohm setting produce no sound?

i also just stuck a new rectifier tube in it today as the one it came with smashed during shipping. its a JJ GZ34.

The fuse isnt blown, if that makes things look better.

whats wrong with my amp?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at May 19, 2008,
Wait you bought it from your cousin?
Hmm, I wonder why he sold it to you...
But seriously, I have no idea, this happened to my amp once, but it was on warranty. Sorry I couldn't help.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Aaron0612
Wait you bought it from your cousin?
Hmm, I wonder why he sold it to you...
But seriously, I have no idea, this happened to my amp once, but it was on warranty. Sorry I couldn't help.

I bought just the cab from him. He sold it because he's moving into a small apartment, and i know the cab works because i was playing his amp on it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
could be the cables

Dont think so, used the same cables to hook up the cab and guitar to my cousins amp as we did this amp. and i'm using a correct speaker cable to plug it in.