assuming money is not an issue, does anyone know of a way to play guitar through my amp but have it come out my computer speakers so it would be really easy to record? i have a recording program but my amp doesn't actually make any noise whilst i play. is there software i need?
wait what
Read through the stickies in the Recording Forum, and if you are still unclear about it, post a thread there.
i couldn't find any stickies that helped... there was one on just programs but that doesn't help at all. i was wondering, could the cord i'm using to go from my amp to the computer change the sound? cuz i have a really cheap cord from like target or whatnot and i was wonderin if that could change anything.
wait what
Are you going from the line out jack on your amp? If money is not an issue I would advise buying a mixer, it will make your recordings sound better and you can plug in headphone and hear your guitar. Or even better (in my opinion) is to buy a mic and mic your amp, with the mic going into the mixer, then into your computer. It will give you the most accurate sound, the same as you hear it coming out of your amp when you play.
Before you go out and buy a mixer, you should also look into an interface. I was thinking about getting a mixer myself, but I decided on a fire-wire interface. You could mic your amp to the interface and get great quality recordings. I have a two channel fire-wire interface myself (Mackie Onyx Satellite), and I use it a lot to record vocals and guitar simultaneously, then add other tracks after. I use Tracktion 2 with it, which came with the interface for free. I have some other programs that work fine with it too. All the mixing and more can be done on your PC easily. I definitely recommend looking into audio interfaces.
Quote by blue_strat
Read through the stickies in the Recording Forum, and if you are still unclear about it, post a thread there.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out