alright so ive decided that i want to do good in school as well as guitar.... the only way for me to do this is to stay up very late and function on 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I'm a sixteen year old sophmore and basicly done growing... any advice on how to safely do this?

oh and im also weight lifting 6 days a week.... i dont know if that should go into consideration...
You will end up feeling exhausted in a few days of doing that then you wont get anything done.
I had insomnia for quite a while. I was getting that same amount of sleep, and often less. It was not a very pleasant experience.

..the walls start to breathe..

It's not good for you at all. You should maybe settle for doing good in school, and give the guitar a little more time later on.
anything from 4 to 7 hours is healthy.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
You have stuff to fill 21 hours per day?

Say 7 hours school, 2 hours guitar, 1 hour weight-lifting, 1 hour for eating, 6 hours sleeping - that still leaves you 4 hours for revision/homework/study.
Quote by Sol9989
anything from 4 to 7 hours is healthy.

No. I thought it was like, 9.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Yeah you cant function properly, when you try and shred you keep ****ING up and then you get pissed off alot
Your sleep cycles are 90 minutes. At the end of each cycle is the best time to wake up.

So either 6 hours or 7 1/2 is what I'd recommend.

Also. Another way to sleep well.

ALWAYS wake up at the same time. Don't try to sleep if you aren't tired. And I mean tired, not exhausted.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Aaron0612
No. I thought it was like, 9.

Quote by Wikipedia
However, a University of California, San Diego psychiatry study of more than one million adults found that people who live the longest self-report sleeping for six to seven hours each night.[9] Another study of sleep duration and mortality risk in women showed similar results.[10] Other studies show that "sleeping more than 7 to 8 hours per day has been consistently associated with increased mortality."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
well unless your a US navy SEAL then you must concentrate on school work and dont worry about guitar as much. being ex military i know what it feels like to run on 2 hours sleep every 4 days and it messes you up, so like the others say get atleast 8 hours of sleep and try and compromise with things every now and again
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
I've slept that amount for a long time now but on weekends you got to just crash out dude you need at lest 8 hours sleep dude.
Look in my eyes what do you see?
time management. I spent my whole 20's with less than 4 hours sleep a night. but i worked for anything between 12 and 18 hours a day, and was drunk with whatever i had left. i ate 3 meals a week, and slept when i could. good luck to you if you want to deprive yourself of sleep and continue lifting weights. manage everything properly and don't try to do too much in the little time you have. quality not quantity. jam when you can but make it count. do less reps but make them count more.

overall, don't deprive yourself of sleep, now I'm in my early 30's and I can't sleep more than an hour without waking up, and it kills me. get your body used to something and you could regret it later.
cocaine.

/thread
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
cocaine.

/thread

Good point.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Dude I was born a night owl but here lately I've been trying to get more sleep than I'm used to. When you don't get enough sleep, you open up your body to all kinds of sickness. Sleep gives your body time to repair itself and fight off sickness. If you don't get enough sleep, your body doesn't have time to do these things. So, In my opinion, there is no safe way to live off of 4 hours of sleep. Give guitar a rest for a little while. Don't quit, just don't put as much time towards it until you get out of school for the summer. Then you should have some free time. Just my $0.02
Quote by blue_strat
6 - 8 hours is the amount recommended by doctors.

Make it 8-10.

I get 4-5 and I got told my a psychologist that I have disruptive sleep patterns. Then again I told her I have problems nodding off...
Quote by brngbacwudstok
^^ is it sleep apnea?

Stress and anxiety produced, most likely because I'm more prone to it due to my dyspraxia. Sleeping problems are not uncommon with dyspraxics, nor is stress or anxiety which can also affect sleep.