Hey guys, so i've really been wanting a floydrose for some time. But, its not like i'm gonna spend a load of money to get it installed on my g400. Sooo, I wanted to know how similar is the digitech whammy pedal to a floyd rose, and are there any alternative pedals to the whammy pedal? Thx for some info.
i dont like using the whammy pedal to simulate whammy bars. its not the same. i use it to create really strange pitch shifting sounds and crap. totally different.. but i play experimental music, i have no use for a floyd rose.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Yeah, as mentioned above.... Apples and Oranges...

Get the FR if you want the effects of a Tremolo.... The Whammy is moreso a pitch shifting tool
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Yeah.. not really compareable..
I would say get the whammy now, because its a universal kinda thing, and later down the road buy a guitar with a floyd rose in it.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Yeah i guess those were the responses I thought i would get lol. Well since its not so similar to an actual FR then can it do anything similar, like for example the pinch harmonic squealies?
I dont see what a FR or a whammy pedal has anything to do with harmonics? The FR is basically a whammy bar on crack, from what I understand, good for divebombs and the like. The Whammy pedal has a good dive bomb but I wouldn't use it for a vibrato effect, like everyone else said, more for pitch shifting and harmonies. So if what youre saying is doing a pinch harmonic and then dive bombing it, I think the whammy pedal would do fine, otherwise just do a left handed vibrato with a pinch harmonic. Maybe I just completely missed what you are saying, though
Well what i meant was like when you do a pinch harmonic and then on a FR you can pull up on the bar for an insane squeal, but can you get the same effect on a whammy pedal?(i don't mean doing a divebomb) And you can decide how fast the pitch changes on the whammy pedal, right?
Oh alright, a dive-up, so to speak? Yes the whammy will let you do that, options are 1 or 2 octaves. You control how fast it changes with your foot on the expression pedal. It will sound digitalized but not too bad. It sounds like you should go with the pedal, its useful, its neat, you can do a lot of tricks with it, its cheaper, and from what you are saying it sounds it will do just what you want it to.
the pedal will do fine for that yea. but keep in mind it's not the same precise control that you'd have with a whammy bar. i'm speaking from exp. b/c i use it for the same things. it'll take practice to be able to gradually press the pedal down w/o having half a second or so sound like it was slightly too fast. get what i mean? it's a pedal, controlled w/ ur foot. your hands are so much easier to use to control such precise things better. but w/ practice it prolly wont matter.

just don't try to use the pedal for shimmer type whammy bar effects or whammy bar dives that go from lowering the note pitch to raising it in the same song or same passage. get what i mean? if not you will lol.

i just happen to be selling my whammy pedal (two months old in mint condition) for $150.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005

just don't try to use the pedal for shimmer type whammy bar effects or whammy bar dives that go from lowering the note pitch to raising it in the same song or same passage. get what i mean? if not you will lol.

i just happen to be selling my whammy pedal (two months old in mint condition) for $150.

I think i kno what you mean by shimmer, like flutter when you kinda flick a whammy bar? And why are u selling it? Seems to me more and more that it might not be too useful lol.
i need money for university fees lol. just got accepted and already seeing the money leave the wallet. also, i don't use the pedal as much b/c i'm primarily a hard rock/ blues style player. i should have gotten a delay pedal and chorus instead.

metal players and hard rock players will prolly find it very very useful. but as i am starting more and more to keep it simple, i'm trying to get rid of it so it doesn't collect dust. i'm not selling the power adapter with it tho, since i use that for my bad monkey. just gonna miss doing RATM covers....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out