I've been bending strings for about two weeks now, (i'm still prettymuch a beginner) and I just cant get it to sound right. Whenever I bend up a fret, it just sounds like a cow moo'ing or somthing...(bad example, but couldn't decide how to describe it) Are there any videos that goes in depth about bending? All the videos i've seen really doesn't help me determine what I am doing wrong.
Try bending to a specific pitch rather than just at random.

Try going up by a half-step, or full.
I am trying to bend a full step. The "solo" has me bend the high e string from the 10th fret to 12th fret four times relatively fast. But I cant even get a single bend to sound right.
Play the twelfth fret, then bend the 10th up until it sounds the same as the 12th. Then let it go and do the same thing again. Keep repeating it until you get an idea of how far you need to bend.

Also make sure you aren't pressing down too hard, your guitar is in tune, and that your strings aren't old.
Also, don't just bend with one finger. Have another or more on lower frets also bending. That way you can bend a lot farther.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Atomic48
Also, don't just bend with one finger. Have another or more on lower frets also bending. That way you can bend a lot farther.

+1 if speed allows I usually use two or three fingers for bending up like you're doing....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by metalman89
Play the twelfth fret, then bend the 10th up until it sounds the same as the 12th. Then let it go and do the same thing again. Keep repeating it until you get an idea of how far you need to bend.

This doesnt work.
A thing that helps me is hooking my thumb around the neck, this way I can bend much easier (this also helps loads when you want to add vibrato to your bends). I also bend with multiple fingers.

A thing I did when starting out was first making a slide from the 10th to the 12th fret, and than immideatly bend on the 10th fret. It is basically the same sound only a slide is 2 intervals (because of the frets) while a bend is a smooth transition. Keep practicing this untill your bend sounds like a smooth slide.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1