im using an epiphone les paul studio w/ a floyd rose and i have really bad sustain.. a note will last for maybe 4 seconds at the most. And i was wondering what is the best way to get better sustain. picups? amp? pedal of some sort?
Try raising the action.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
ummm
floyd rose

your not gonna get much sustain no matter what

but try raising action
heavier strings
vibrato
sustanic pickup
bow
compressor
less thin amp settings
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
use more gain, get heavier strings, use neck pick up, raise the action. i dont know what else
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
if you're willing to consider new pups, pedals or even amps, then try having a fernandez sustainer put in, and you'd have 'infinite' sustain. if the guitar doesn't have it, they come in kits that include the pick up and switches and stuff.

edit: there are also locking mechanisms that would go in the back of the bridge. when it's locked, it keeps the bridge in place so the vibrations wouldn't get lost into the spring. When it's 'unlocked' it stays on, but the bridge is free to move for whammying and stuff.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
Last edited by Shooshooky at May 19, 2008,
...delay. problem solved. also, try working on your vibrato...if you want an example of how to suceed at this, watch any john petrucci solo. his vibrato is orgasmic
Quote by Shooshooky
if you're willing to consider new pups, pedals or even amps, then try having a fernandez sustainer put in, and you'd have 'infinite' sustain. if the guitar doesn't have it, they come in kits that include the pick up and switches and stuff.

+1
Quote by HIM%(^
...delay. problem solved. also, try working on your vibrato...if you want an example of how to suceed at this, watch any john petrucci solo. his vibrato is orgasmic

Christopher Dahl did a pretty good vibrato lesson. Check that out.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
its the flyod rose they dont get much sustain inless set up right by a pro. tech. the only wahy i reccomend in you case is get active pickups such as EMG www.emginc.com and get a compressor.
Look at the thread below this one
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H