Poll: Rock Radio Monopolies
Poll Options
View poll results: Rock Radio Monopolies
Its just buisiness
5 45%
Its bull crap
6 55%
Voters: 11.
umm i just found out all 4 rock stations in my city, Sacramento, are own by the same company. the same goes for the 2 rap/hiphop stations.

is this normal?

I think its BS ur thoughts
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by majonior
umm i just found out all 4 rock stations in my city, Sacramento, are own by the same company. the same goes for the 2 rap/hiphop stations.

is this normal?

I think its BS ur thoughts

I live in sacramento too.

96.9 The Eagle, 98.5 98 Rock, 107.9 The End, 102.5 Official Hip Hop and RnB, y92.5... all owned by ClearChannel.

Similarly, ClearChannel owns 90% of radio stations in the entire west coast.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
idk i just found out today.

i was online and their websites had like almost the exact same layout so i did 10mins of googling
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I live in sacramento too.

96.9 The Eagle, 98.5 98 Rock, 107.9 The End, 102.5 Official Hip Hop and RnB, y92.5... all owned by ClearChannel.

Similarly, ClearChannel owns 90% of radio stations in the entire west coast.

damn the conspiracy of sucky music runs deep

Space that ain't yours
i live in Davis, near Sacramento. You should check out 93.7 the Jack. Its the only decent station, IMO, but I try to avoid listening to the radio
"The revolution lives on not in words to live for it, but in one's heart to die for it" -Che Guevara
Quote by majonior
damn the conspiracy of sucky music runs deep

Yes it does. Heres the chain.

Corporate Monsters (I.e. Warner Bros) own all Recording Compainies (i.e Atlantic Records) who choose the hits, relay orders to play their hit songs to all Radio Station Corporations (i.e. Clearchannel Radio on the west coast) who relay those orders uniformally to all of their Individual Radio Stations. Thats why the entire west coast gets the same music.

In essence, the music is selected by the Recording Companies, then is sent to the radio station corps, relayed to the entire west coast so the entire country hears the same hits, and after all profits are made, the corporate monsters (in this case Warner Bros.) gets the major profit.

Lame, isn't it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison