Basicaly what the title says, I'v been wanting to get one for a while but never really knew what to get exactly, so any suggestions would help. When it comes down to price I would rather get something under $100, but if it goes like $20 over that, it isn't an issue.
The amp is an Ibanez SW25w, and just in case you ask about the bass i use, its a Schecter Stiletto Studio 4-string.
Oh we're talkin bass? I got nothing then. You dont really need a bass OD pedal though, the fact that bass is played clean is what helps it cut through the mix.
Haha, alright then, I just want a pedal to fool around with really, I don't really intend to use it so much with my band. Thanks anyway.
Pyrofretnic, did you think you we were talking guitar distortions or something? This is the bass forum poom poom. As for bass distortions ZombieXIV, its sort of hard to suggest something for you under $100 unless you want to pick up a Behringer(sp?) bass distortion pedal, but even then I'm not sure they make it. If they do its a piece of crap.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Oh we're talkin bass? I got nothing then. You dont really need a bass OD pedal though, the fact that bass is played clean is what helps it cut through the mix.

Wtf, we are in the BASS forum.
Quote by CNC-Digity
Pyrofretnic, did you think you we were talking guitar distortions or something? This is the bass forum poom poom. As for bass distortions ZombieXIV, its sort of hard to suggest something for you under $100 unless you want to pick up a Behringer(sp?) bass distortion pedal, but even then I'm not sure they make it. If they do its a piece of crap.

What would be a good pedal that costs under $200?
Well for one that is about $200 there is the Sansamp Tech 21 bass driver. Check it out on www.musicansfriend.com They have some audio samples aswell.

Heres the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-Bass-Driver-DI?sku=480206
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Last edited by CNC-Digity at May 19, 2008,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
you might consider a chorus, first. distortion kills the low-end.

Correction. Guitar pedals and over the top distortion kills low end. My Fulltone retains all of it's low end, though the distortion does boost the overall apparent volume due to the increase in mids.

For metal, you really want an overdrive pedal, to add some grit to your tone. Constant distortion makes the whole band sound muddy.

If you want a distortion for solos, then higher gain is often useful.

How convenient of the Fulltone bass drive to have two channels, so you can switch between one of the best overdrives on the market and then the same thing with far more gaim . $180 I believe the price is. Well worth every penny. I have yet to find a 'bad' tone out of mine, and they are damn flexable.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by pedalguy1
One word my friend, the Assmaster.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p6kjd6GyvLc

As far as distortions go, it is very nice. However, for overdrive, I still stand by the Fulltone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1