Hey guys I did a post like this quite a while ago, but I need some answers because I'm gettin the rest of my money soon...

I've been thinkin about gettin a new guitar for a while, and although I thought I figured out which one, I'm kinda having second thoughts to it. I've been playing for just over two years, and I have the same crappy starter-pack guitar from the begining. I bought a new amp (Roland Cube 60) relatively recently, and have saved up some money for a new guitar now.

I had always been set on a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, because I played quite a few of them and they were really nice... Its just that recently I started to branch off in the genre I want to play, and I'm not sure if another guitar would suit my needs better.

I originally set out to play classic rock, which would be fine for the LP, but ever since getting into more shred music (Petrucci and Gilbert mostly) I've realized that its the music I would really like to play. That being said, I'm not a great shredder yet, but have improved significantly over the last few months. I don't listen to metal really, pretty much just instrumental shred. So I'm wondering what guitar could I get that would be suitable for that, but also versatile enough to play classic or alternative rock (foo fighters mostly)

I'll have between 600-800 USD to spend, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you're looking into "shred" guitars, Ibanez is what you should look into.

Ibanez RG350MDX http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG350MDX

Great guitar for its price. Leaves you the money to invest in new pickups (which you will most certainly need.)

Ibanez S320 http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320

Another excellent guitar. Very thin body and fast feel, but again you're gonna want new pickups.
last.fm[/url}
Thanks for the reply. I was looking in to Ibanez, I heard the Ibanez S470DXQM was nice but I Haven't gotten a chance to play one yet.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Hamburglekins
Thanks for the reply. I was looking in to Ibanez, I heard the Ibanez S470DXQM was nice but I Haven't gotten a chance to play one yet.

Go mess around with them and see what you like. Make sure you have enough money for new pickups because Ibanez stock pickups are muddy as hell.
last.fm[/url}