hey my freind wants to trade me his OLP stingray mm2 for my squire pete wentz bass( i know this bass does not have a good reputation around here but i got it for a gift) i was wondering if this is a good deal, im just gonna use this bass to play around with and bring to the cottage because i have a fender jazz bass.
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
i would. i don't know how they compare, but i definitely would.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
one possible tone (due to only one volume knob)
many possible tones.

tough decision
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
For the love of God, do it. He's screwing himself, but don't tell him that.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I say do it, but just to clarify- I can see why someone would want a Wentz bass. It's a totally different instrument, and (depending on the particular case) I have found some Wentz basses that play nicely, and some OLPs that flat out don't play nicely. Regardless, make the trade.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I actually thought the Pete Wentz P I played was quite nice.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't do it. The P has an unistakble sound, and sits incredibly well in a mix (something most people here don't seem to realise the value of) and IMO plays nicer than the OLP i've played.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
destroy all affiliation with pete wentz!

any musicmans are reputable.
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
So all of you saying the Wentz bass is bad and the OLP is good, have you played either bass or are you basing your opinions on the people who use them because that seems like a great way to judge a bass

I'm with Forcey on this one, the Wentz bass is actually quite a good bass, especially for a Squier signature model which tend to be gimmicks and the OLPs I have played did not impress me. The Wentz bass felt and sounded the better bass, if only it didn't have that bat graphic on it would look pretty decent too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^ If I pretend it isn't affiliated with Pete Wentz, the bat graphic actually looks pretty sweet on that bass, but that's just me...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I just played an OLP, and I've played the P bass in question, and I would get the OLP over that P Bass any day, but I would take a Jazz bass any day over either
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
The squier P basses aren't that bad--and the Wentz one just has an unfortunate association.

I have play OLPs. They're OK as starters, but if you've ever played a SUB or EBMM, they feel off and a bit cheap and the humbucker sound is tonally off at least on the one's I've tried.
It pains me to say it but I'd rather have the Wentz. I was looking into buying an OLP bass in question and the neck was horrible. The sound wasn't anything special either.

The squier also has Duncan designed Pickups which i'm guessing aren't as good as the proper ones but still might be OK.
I'd also get the Pete Wentz, just change the colour myself. The OLP I played sounded HORRIBLE, and squiers are quite nice, depending on what you get. A signiature's a signiature, and the tone it gives has to be at least alright, or it wouldn't be one. OLP's just don't sound good.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I have played both and I am in shock that wentz is being recommended. in my humble opinion, the wentz feels just a little less disgusting, sounds horrible, and has the worst problem ever: one knob, for volume. I would keep it only if I planned one thing- putting regular p-bass electronics in there.
also, you will have less people telling you fall out boy is gay if you aren't playing pete's bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
I have played both and I am in shock that wentz is being recommended. in my humble opinion, the wentz feels just a little less disgusting, sounds horrible, and has the worst problem ever: one knob, for volume. I would keep it only if I planned one thing- putting regular p-bass electronics in there.
also, you will have less people telling you fall out boy is gay if you aren't playing pete's bass.

WILL IGNORANT PEOPLE STOP USING THE WORD "GAY" AS A FREAKIN INSULT, IT'S NOT, IT'S SOMEONES SEXUALITY

sorry, but I have a lot of close friends who are homosexuals, and they do take it very personally, and no, I myself arn't a homosexual, but I'm pretty sure one of the forum rules is about respecting others, so show some freakin respect, sorry the humanity, you were just the latest person I noticed doing it, Im not ranting purely at you, but you know, its not nice to do it. So grow up, all of you!!!

so this isn't spam, I'd say, play both, then decide
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
WILL IGNORANT PEOPLE STOP USING THE WORD "GAY" AS A FREAKIN INSULT, IT'S NOT, IT'S SOMEONES SEXUALITY

sorry, but I have a lot of close friends who are homosexuals, and they do take it very personally, and no, I myself arn't a homosexual, but I'm pretty sure one of the forum rules is about respecting others, so show some freakin respect, sorry the humanity, you were just the latest person I noticed doing it, Im not ranting purely at you, but you know, its not nice to do it. So grow up, all of you!!!

so this isn't spam, I'd say, play both, then decide

As much as it may chagrin people, "gay" is an acceptable insult to most everyone, nowadays. It's not like he was saying "lol, u leik pemis, fagot?" he was just saying it was dumb. I don't hear you sticking up for mentally retarded people, now do I?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Warnings have gone out. This thread is getting very spammy.

And yes, lets keep things under the radar of "Rule #2" of the Bass forum and try to stay on the topic of the thread at hand.
someone thought of you, and took the time and money to buy you a bass. thats nice.

sell it if you want.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by skippy_moogoose

I am not using gay as an insult, I have homosexual friends too. that is what people will say though, because some people say things without thinking. I would never have used that wording on my own. FOB is stupid, maybe.
someone thought of you, and took the time and money to buy you a bass. thats nice.

sell it if you want.

Now, that is an idea. Maybe even replace it with a regular p-bass? or an Ibanez...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard