Page 1 of 2
That had to be the single saddest thing I have ever saw on TV, in terms of a series and whatnot.

I mean, I CRIED. I hardly ever cry about anything. It's not because I'm heartless, or I think I'm "too tough" to cry, I just rarely have those moments where I cry.

And, dammit, House did it.

Anyone else watch it? If not, and you're a fan, watch it online. It should be up now, since it's already premiered.

Also, Robert Sean Leonard is one of the most underrated actors of our day. his performance was just stunning in that episode, and was one of the main reasons I cried.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
yeah that **** made me want to jump out a window.

it was mainly the final scene with wilson and house just looking at each other.
I agree with everything fallenangel said.

I had to look away a few times to avoid bawling in front of my own mother.

Probably the most realistic portrail of the death of a loved one I ever have, or ever will see for a long time.

What was that song at the end of the episode? It sounded like Iron and Wine, but I'm not positive.
I actually cried for the first time ever watching tv..
Jesus
RIP Amber
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
that was a ****ing amazing episode..part one was amazing too
i was just blown away when house said there was nothing they could do
What time is it on on the west coast?
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
When he had to shut off the machines keeping amber alive, i cried like a little girl named sally.
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
I went to a real funeral today. Somehow the "death" of a TV show character pales in comparison. And yes, I watched it from beginning to end and I'm a fan of the show.
Hi, I'm Peter
i found it! the song at the end was passing afternoon by iron and wine

and yes, that was possibly one of the most moving moments i have witnessed on TV. i really felt for house when he said he didnt want wilson to hate him. and that part where they were just looking at eachother... my god it was saddening
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Amazing, they took a charecter everybody hated and made everyone bawl at her death. If I've seen amazing character develepment on TV this is definately the best
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Quote by Dirk Gently
I went to a real funeral today. Somehow the "death" of a TV show character pales in comparison. And yes, I watched it from beginning to end and I'm a fan of the show.

I dissagree, the acting was superb. You probably just watched it from a detached point of view.
Quote by Dirk Gently

Well, you have to be a damn amazing writer to make a TV show character's death as tragic as an actual, beautiful soul.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
awww....I don't get Fox...seems I must wait for USA to show it or until someone torrents it.
I didn't cry...but...that was tough to watch. Very sad indeed.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Righto. You're officially the best person ever.
Thanks babe.

Paine of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

SSBB FC: 0645 - 5498 - 0197
Quote by rock.freak667
awww....I don't get Fox...seems I must wait for USA to show it or until someone torrents it.

its a local channel. everybody gets it
Quote by rock.freak667

You can always watch it online (internet connection type permitting)

I just went to the site and it says new episodes are available 8 days after the original broadcast.

So, next Wedensday.

Saxo-Walrus

it was pretty intense. hughe lowry is an amazing actor...hard to believe hes british.
Quote by rock.freak667

Yea, how do you have USA, but not FOX?
Quote by stringmagician
Yea, how do you have USA, but not FOX?

because in the Caribbean...cable is rather odd.
i cried! i felt so bad for wilson. just now i hate how they left it all in the air between house and wilson. and i kind of dont understand how it was house's fault. what did he do? sorry, i missed like the whole season

..and his name is spelt Hugh Laurie, moonhawk.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by rock.freak667
because in the Caribbean...cable is rather odd.

hahahahaha. that made my day.

edit: talia u know ow his name is spelled? creepy...or you just watched the credits...either way...u got the point.
Last edited by moonhawk at May 19, 2008,
yeah i concur, that episode made me profoundly depressed it took alot for me not to cry and im man enough to admit it

im seriously debating deleting it off my pvr so my g/f wont see it and cry when she comes home from her eurotrip next weekend
Quote by talia.
i cried! i felt so bad for wilson. just now i hate how they left it all in the air between house and wilson. and i kind of dont understand how it was house's fault. what did he do? sorry, i missed like the whole season

Because if it wasn't for House needing a ride home since Fred Durst took his keys, Amber would have never needed to leave the house, which means she never would have gotten on the bus, which means she would still be alive.

=/

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by moonhawk

edit: talia u know ow his name is spelled? creepy...or you just watched the credits...either way...u got the point.

i am a fan, i just unfortunately missed the entire season

EDIT: ^^OHHHHHH...that was Fred Durst!?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.

amber went on the bus to give house is cane. the bus started driving. it got hit by a garbage truck. The crash caused ambers kidneys to fail (or something like that). the medicine she took poisoned her. her kidneys could not filter her blood. she wouldnt hav died if she hadnt gotten on the bus because of house
Quote by talia.
EDIT: ^^OHHHHHH...that was Fred Durst!?

Ha, yeah.

I saw his name in the credits at the beginning of the show, but I didn't see what for. And then I saw him as the bartender.

It made me crack up. I was just waiting for a stream of obscenities or something.

Saxo-Walrus

Durst got fatter, lolz

Yea, really great episode, very intense, Hugh Laurie is teh man, best fake American accent ever too!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I thought I was going to be good until Wilson found that note when he got home . By far one of the saddest moments in TV history. That and when House realized they couldn't do anything for Amber, it was just so sudden. One minute you think she was going to live, it was just a matter of finding out what was wrong. Then the next minute you find out she's really been dead since the bus got hit.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
^ especially since almost no one dies on that show, dudes and whats her face has that disease! Hutchinsons.....
Quote by fallenangel20
Ha, yeah.

I saw his name in the credits at the beginning of the show, but I didn't see what for. And then I saw him as the bartender.

It made me crack up. I was just waiting for a stream of obscenities or something.

I thought I saw his name in the opening credits, but decided my mind was playing tricks on me.

I didn't even notice it was him, he's actually not a bad actor.

Magicedit: ^Yea I saw she had Hodgekins, I missed what happened there, who wants to fill me in?
Last edited by stringmagician at May 19, 2008,
Quote by stringmagician
I dissagree, the acting was superb. You probably just watched it from a detached point of view.

I never said the acting wasn't superb, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by stringmagician

I thought I saw his name in the opening credits, but decided my mind was playing tricks on me.

True enough, but, IMO, if you put him in any role other than what he played on the episode, like a bartender or a some other small job, it wouldn't work.

Because no one would believe it.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by stringmagician

Magicedit: ^Yea I saw she had Hodgekins, I missed what happened there, who wants to fill me in?

The whole battle was that her mother died of that disease and that there was a 50% chance that she would have it or would not. She chose to live her life in ignorance and not find out if she had or did not have the eventual disease that would cut her life short. House tested her blood without her consent and knew about all the way through this season, but she said she didn't want top know. After all the crap that went down she decided to test her self, and she has it
Quote by Dirk Gently
I never said the acting wasn't superb, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.

Well, I guess I meant that it didn't pale in comparison to me, I was just as sad as I could be a a funeral. But the last funeral I went to was quite a while ago, and a real person dying lingers a lot longer than a character.
i don't have much to contribute here, other than adding that every ****ing week i hear the SAME damn House commercials on TV. the speaker always says in his same overly dramatic voice: IT'S HOUSE'S MOST CHALLENGING CASE YET!

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..........................................

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I kind of had to laugh a little bit at the end, it's all dramatic, Wilson's crying, 13 is looking at her test results, Taub is going home to his wife, Foreman is catching up with Chase and Cameron, and Kutner is.... watching TV and eating cereal.
Page 1 of 2