I need some help. When gigging or just playing an amp at high volumes, how does one negate (cancel out) the extra noises that come out (accidental light contact of other strings, sympathetic vibration, static, etc.). Because on professional live shows, the sound is loud but you don't hear the garbage in the background.

Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated.
a noise gate, shield your guitar, if have a tube amp buy some quiet tubes.

use the search bar, you'll find plenty of threads just like this.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
a noise gate, shield your guitar, if have a tube amp buy some quiet tubes.

use the search bar, you'll find plenty of threads just like this.

telling someone to use the search bar without being a douche?? i hav never seen that before
definatly noise gate
boss makes a whole bunch of compressors, that gives it more clarity, and noise surpressors takes out the hum and garbage. id recommend boss

if your using a distortion pedal or chorus, sumtimes they make the noise more noticable

go to musiciansfriend.com
Quote by zepzepzep86
telling someone to use the search bar without being a douche?? i hav never seen that before

ha i guess i pulled it off!
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by XeRoXyoS
what exactly do you suggest i should type in the search bar?

or just "excess noise" "getting rid of noise"
buy an ISP Decimator, that will clean up noise quickly and your tone wont suffer.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
for some of the simpathetic vibrations, improve your fret hand muting hand technique. the rest of all of the other advice will work great for the hissing and static.
compressor, a good noise gate AND reducer, and just some more practice will solve all of those problems.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this