I was fiddling with the E (half-whole) Diminished scale, and made the following chart:

|-----------E Half-Whole Diminished scale-----------|
|-0-|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-5-|-6-|-7-|-8-|-9-|-10|-11|-12|
|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|-Ab|---|-Bb|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|---|-E-|
|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|---|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|-Ab|---|-Bb|-B-|
|-G-|-Ab|---|-Bb|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|---|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|
|-D-|---|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|-Ab|---|-Bb|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|
|---|-Bb|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|---|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|-Ab|---|
|-E-|-F-|---|-G-|-Ab|---|-Bb|-B-|---|-C#|-D-|---|-E-|

Would this be suitable for the chord of Edim7, or is it missing too many notes?

Edim7(?)
E|-0---| E  (1)
B|-2---| C# (bb7)
G|-0---| G  (b3)
D|-2---| E  (1)
A|-1---| Bb (b5)
E|-0---| E  (1)
NP: BAND - [ALBUM] - SONG

Not difficult.
that's perfect. a dim7 chord (half-diminished chord) is just the root, minor third, diminished fifth, and diminished minor seventh (a.k.a. major sixth). right on.

p.s. a regular diminished chord is just root, b3, b5
That works fine as an Edim7, but the C# you have listed should instead be called a Db.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I figured so, thanks. Sorry for the miscommunication, but I meant missing too many notes as in "I have three root notes and only one of each other part of a diminished seventh chord." Not sure if the number of thirds or fifths or whatever can counteract a chord.

Not difficult.
Quote by Chaosinferno825
I figured so, thanks. Sorry for the miscommunication, but I meant missing too many notes as in "I have three root notes and only one of each other part of a diminished seventh chord." Not sure if the number of thirds or fifths or whatever can counteract a chord.

That doesn't make a difference.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
New question, looking through the different chords I could make with E, and so far I have the previously mentioned Edim7. However, with the bb6 and b7, I could make a Em7. How would this work, would I write it as a Em7addbb6(no 5)?

Not difficult.
that's perfect. a dim7 chord (half-diminished chord) is just the root, minor third, diminished fifth, and diminished minor seventh (a.k.a. major sixth). right on.

A half-diminished chord consists of a root, a minor third, a diminished fifth, and a minor seventh. A diminished seventh (not a diminished minor second (also, not the same as a major sixth)) would make it a fully diminished chord.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.