Page 1 of 2
okay i run a band that plays payed gigs. We lost our singer recently and got in a girl who sings pretty high and soft, compared to our old singer who was pretty big and had a broad range (ie elvis to abba) so could sing male and female stuff. Our set consists of about 60 songs most of which are male originals (the biggest hits normally are) but i am worried it wont work out so well with her-she has asked us to change keys for a lotta stuff which makes some songs sound a bit weird.

Anyway her old duo singer/guitarist is available but it would mean sacking the guitarist (who doesnt sing) and who has been really reliable and stuff. The other alternative is to pay him to do vocals for us on mp3s and we will lipsync on stage for some of the male stuff (we already do mp3 backing for samples and sound fx). What should i do, and also would you find it weird if a girl sung beatles/elvis/james brown etc?
Last edited by tuwyci at May 19, 2008,
because it would cut everyones pay by a quarter. we arent doing it for enjoyment mainly to make a living
I wouldn't.

As for if it's wierd or not... I've seen a woman do "Whole Lotta Love." It was pretty hot, honestly. Don't worry about it.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Well if it for money and not for enjoyment then sack yourself.
Que?
Sack him with your ball sack
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
If it's pure business, then kick out the guitarist who doesn't sing. Or you could sing instead(considering you're a guy)
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Well if it for money and not for enjoyment then sack yourself.

I second this, once you're free of this band go join a band for fun.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Cowslayer

I laughed, I don't know why. Maybe cuz I'm all drugged up trying to beat this fever.

..I'm still laughing
Last edited by edcore at May 19, 2008,
Quote by tuwyci
okay i run a band that plays payed gigs. We lost our singer recently and got in a girl who sings pretty high and soft, compared to our old singer who was pretty big and had a broad range (ie elvis to abba) so could sing male and female stuff. Our set consists of about 60 songs most of which are male originals (the biggest hits normally are) but i am worried it wont work out so well with her-she has asked us to change keys for a lotta stuff which makes some songs sound a bit weird.

Anyway her old duo singer/guitarist is available but it would mean sacking the guitarist (who doesnt sing) and who has been really reliable and stuff. The other alternative is to pay him to do vocals for us on mp3s and we will lipsync on stage for some of the male stuff (we already do mp3 backing for samples and sound fx). What should i do, and also would you find it weird if a girl sung beatles/elvis/james brown etc?

60 songs? Jesus Christ, you play that many songs in a set? How long is that? That's got to get boring for the audience after a while.
Wow....a 60 song setlist? How long is the gig?

I guess you would just need to find another singer with a similar vocal range and style as the original. And when you say lost your singer, do you mean he died? If not, try and get him back.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by Beakwithteeth
The band is for money and not for enjoyment, it could be for both but shouldn't be solely to make money.
He may not have a choice.

And I'm pretty sure 60-song setlist means they have 60 they can play, not that they do play every show.
Quote by Flying Couch
I wouldn't.

As for if it's wierd or not... I've seen a woman do "Whole Lotta Love." It was pretty hot, honestly. Don't worry about it.

hmm well the reason i worry is because her voice is not even very strong really but she is available for the next 8 months to help us out, and i dont want to ruin gigs because everyone isnt into the vocals

its definately feasable to record another guy for backing to a) give variety and b) give her a rest. The other thing is this new guy would take more cash because he is singing and playing.
Quote by IronMaiden5
60 songs? Jesus Christ, you play that many songs in a set? How long is that? That's got to get boring for the audience after a while.

3 hours..yeah a lotta people from other bands say it gets boring having one singer
dont sack the guitarist he did nothing wrong that is just my vote though
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
GET A NEW SINGER!!!! its not what girls are for...
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Typik
Oh please, I hate it when people are always "Omg music before money" Heres a tip: Someone had to pay for the guitars and amps your mommy and daddy got you, they as well have to pay for the house you live in, the food you eat, and everything else in your life

believe it or not
the world does revolve around money. End discussion.

Kind of funny coming from UG's Hippie.
Quote by fob12
Kind of funny coming from UG's Hippie.

Stop poking holes in my logic damnit
:P
t-t-t-triple post!

And thanks for agreeing with me.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by Typik
Oh please, I hate it when people are always "Omg music before money" Heres a tip: Someone had to pay for the guitars and amps your mommy and daddy got you, they as well have to pay for the house you live in, the food you eat, and everything else in your life

believe it or not
the world does revolve around money. End discussion.

I paid for my own guitar and amp so please do not generalize based on an assumption. Also, I read the OP wrong and have since apologized if you would have read.

Believe it or not
it helps to read a thread before being an asshole.
yeah lot people dont threads they scan them. i bet notices ive out words.

ill sleep it and decide morning
Quote by tuwyci
The other thing is this new guy would take more cash because he is singing and playing.

Why should he get more money because he is singing AND playing? You are all collectively making one sound. If he wants more money because he is singing and playing **** that.
yes you should suck the guitarist!!!
Quote by clint160
Computer: $500
Internet Connection: $20
Getting caught masturbating on webcam:
priceless
Quote by Cowslayer

that is the first thing I thoght when I entered this thread
When you say, "sack".. Do you mean take him to bed, or fire him?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Keep the chick, experiment.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by Flying Couch
Que?

he means music should be about passion, not the money
Call me Trey.
DUDE Lead singer of Arch Enemy is a woman...Angela Gossow (I think) xD
Nothing is wrong with chicks singing. Don't sack the gat.
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
he means music should be about passion, not the money
Rhetorical question, dude.
Page 1 of 2