Hey everyone. I'm sixteen years old and in a local rock/metal band. I love old school death metal and thrash metal. I like Death, Megadeth, Metallica, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Celtic Frost, Exodus, Testament, Sepultura, etc. Unfortunately for me, my bandmates aren't exactly metalheads. They like alternative radio friendly gay music. So I don't have a whole lot of influence on what covers we do and our original music isn't exactly metal lol.

Anyways, I want to play METAL! Since my band isn't into it and I'm not starting a side project, I thought I would just record my own music onto the computer and get a drum machine program. How do I go about doing this. What do I need to buy to record to the computer with good quality and whats a drum machine software that's cheap or free? I used to have a Boss BR-600 Recording Studio and it was a piece of junk. It worked fine but it sucked tone and sounded like crap. Help me lol!
for the recording hardware, go talk to someone at GC about recording interfaces. for the drums, i LOVE fruity loops. its kind of pricey, but you done really need to pay for it if you know where to look.