I want to buy a marshall head and a 2x12 cab and i want to spend around or under $2,000. WHich USA marshall should i buy. I play straight rock , and some metal like iron maiden.
Last edited by Rushfan2121 at May 19, 2008,
Why don't you just buy one in America?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
ebay?
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by Archeo Avis
Why don't you just buy one in America?

yeah, you know, like in a store?
_______
|||||||||||||||
There are PLENTY of Marshalls in American for you to choose from.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
If you don't know which "marshall head" you want, you probably only want it because of the name. If you had actually tried any of them, you wouldn't need our advice. Go check out Orange and Traynor.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
AHHHH. You completely edited your first post to say something completely different. There is no difference between "british" and "american" marshalls, its just that they sell them in both places.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I believe the question was not WHERE but WHICH.

The JVM is the mack daddy of all marshalls, Its definitly super expensive. I would recommend a dual channel JCM 900. Its a great amp with a good gain eq and voicing. All it needs is an Overdrive pedal infront to be pushed into metal territory. The Clean channel is usuable aswell. For $2000 you could get both the Head and a 1960a cab.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
^Well, before he editted his post, it was a question about "where."

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
^Yeah, the best Marshalls around today are Traynor, Orange, and Splawn amps.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
USA Marshall = MG..... which equals crap....

Splawn Nitro or Quick Rod with an Avatar 2x12 or Earcandy 2x12 puts you at around 2400/2500 which IMO is SO much more worth the extra wait.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
USA Marshall = MG

...what?
^^There are plenty of "USA Marshalls" (what does that even mean?) that are tons better than MGs.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86