I've got a vintage sunburst electromatic (from the 40's i think). solid but has some dings here and there. no pick guard and missing the dearmond pickup and electronics. How much do you think it would be worth approximately? here is a picture:
No idea mate, but if you check ebay for similar items (in similar condition) you'll find out roughly how much it'll be worth.

Its a nice looking guitar, if the body integrity is good I'd imagine you could sell it quite easily, it looks like it'd be a nice project guitar.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
No idea mate, but if you check ebay for similar items (in similar condition) you'll find out roughly how much it'll be worth.

Its a nice looking guitar, if the body integrity is good I'd imagine you could sell it quite easily, it looks like it'd be a nice project guitar.

thanks. I checked ebay first and found nothing. There are not many gretsches on ebay as there are fenders and gibsons. So I posted here maybe hoping a gretsch connaisseur could give me an estimate
even without the electronics, it will be worth a good bit, take it to a vintage guitar dealer and get it appraised.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by guitarnoobie
Do you have the original pickup? Usually guitars are worth more if they have their original parts.

i don't think so. I saw one of these for sale ready to play at an online store for $1400. So maybe would $1000 give or take be too much to hope for? This by guessing the vintage correct electronics might run at most $400 on ebay. are my guesses accurate?