I wasn't even looking for an amp! I was taking my picks into a music store to talk to them about putting them into inventory. I decided to just look around. I kept tripping over this amp on the floor while looking at guitars. After about 10 minutes, I finally looked down at it. "Kustom". I didn't even know they made amps anymore! So I asked to plug it in. A small 35 watt with a 10" speaker. That thing knocked me out! And the price? Astoundingly reasonable!

This thing has become my main gigging amp now. I just have them run me thru the monitors because it is not real loud. I did replace the speaker with a Scumback, just because.

I like little amps because I can dime them and the sound man does not come up and bang on the stage and yell at me.

I called Kustom and they are going to give me an amp to use at Summer NAMM this year in Nashville! Cool, huh?

I mostly use the amp to promo my picks of course. I don't do a lot of live shows anymore. I play in church and a gig about every month or two. But I get to do those silly videos for the website. If you want to hear some sound from this amp, here is one, if you want to laugh. I am the fat, troll guy with the yellow guitar....
http://www.v-picks.com/SessionThreeVibrato.html
You don't need a different guitar.
You just need a different guitar pick!

www.v-picks.com
Last edited by Vinni Smith at May 20, 2008,
i'm using a Kustom KGA 65 (older version with the black/grey grille) right now. amazing little solid states for the cash.

mine just destroys for metal too.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
So far I've used this thing in quite a few situations and it has impressed me every time. like I said, not real loud, but I don't like real loud amps. m I just can't play loud like that. It feels like I have no control. Never have liked playing like that.

vinni

www.v-picks.com
I actually kind of like Kustom.
I like their retro-cool look, and their tone in general is actually pretty good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
heh, that was pretty cool, nice job. I think you've given me gas to try those picks more than the Kustom though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
heh, that was pretty cool, nice job. I think you've given me gas to try those picks more than the Kustom though.

Yea, my thoughts exactly.
Quote by papersun87
Vinni, have you played the Double Cross or Defender yet? I'm dying to try them.

I haven't had the chance as of yet, but I am sure they will be at NAMM.

Speaking of NAMM in Nashville, Kustom is bringing me an amp for the booth. If any of you are there, please stop by and play the amp and try our picks as well.

vinni

www.v-picks.com
My buddy just ordered a HV 30. he's getting it Wednesday. We are very excited of course.

www.v-picks.com
i really want to try a double cross.
they look like they have a lot of potential
i saw one for sale on a website for $1600 i think.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I don't really know much about the models. I do have plans to spend a lot of time in their booth at Summer NAMM. I can't wait to see which model they bring us to use in our booth.

www.v-picks.com
Quote by Zander155
My guitar teacher swears by his '36 Coupe.

yeah, that's a nice amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed, the coupe series is nice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Have you noticed? Very few stores carry Kustom Amps. What's the deal with that?

www.v-picks.com
My buddy just bought the HV30. I played it last night. It has the tube in it. Wow that amp has a lot of tone and a lot of gain as well. Kind of a Satriani tone. Loud too!

www.v-picks.com
I gotta say that after hearing the HV30 quite a bit now, I prefer my Dual 35 DFX. I did however, put a Scumback speaker in it a while back and that may be the difference. But the thing I like about it is that it seems to have less gain and distortion and more tone. The HV30 seems to have more of that Satriani tone. And that is ok, don't get me wrong. Just not all the time, in my opinion. It is just a little bit too screamy for me. And we are having a tough time EQing that away. We are about to drop a Scuback into it as well and we shall see what it does then. I will keep you posted.

vinni

www.v-picks.com
I have a Kustom tube 12 (12 watt with a 12AX7 in the preamp)! I use it for practicing clean stuff like chords or finger picking and I think it sounds pretty darn good. Got it for $103.95 at a local guitar shop, I think the price is nice too.

I am thinking of grabbing an all tube amp from Kustom like the 36 coupe or the Defender 50 watt in the near future because They Rock!
I want to get into some of your picks
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I REALLY am looking forward to see what Kustom is placing in our NAMM booth. I probably will not be able to crank it up because the sound police will be all over me like hair on a gorrilla. But, I bet it will will sound good at a low volume as well. My little amp sure does.

Darkarbiter7, I think you would like them. We have over 20 models now. It would really surprize me if you could not find a V-Pick perfect for you. If you want, call me and we can talk about the models. (209) 324-1788

Vinni

www.v-picks.com
^Yeah, once I get some dough around, i'll probably order up a few.
There's so many though
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Yeah, once I get some dough around, i'll probably order up a few.
There's so many though

The cool thing about Kustom amps is that they are not that expensive.

www.v-picks.com
You know, Kustom's SS amps aren't bad either.

My Strat sounds pretty good through my KAA30...

Maybe it's cause it's an acoustic amp
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by papersun87
You're telling me . . . seriously. I could talk peoples' ears off about the amazingness of the Quad 100 and they won't listen because IT'S NOT TEH TOOB!!1

The "Tube" thing is a bit rediculous at times, isn't it?

www.v-picks.com
Quote by papersun87
You're telling me . . . seriously. I could talk peoples' ears off about the amazingness of the Quad 100 and they won't listen because IT'S NOT TEH TOOB!!1

the Quad 100 is a really awesome amp. I got to try one at my GC a while ago. I'd buy it if I had any money left (just bought the new enV; me contract was up :p

But yeah. Kustom's SS amps are really good.

EDIT: Yeah, the t00b thing can be a bit rediculous sometimes.

But nothing, and I mean nothing will ever replace the sound of overdriven tubes for me
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--