I have a doubt, I've had this amp for 3 weeks and it's my 1st tube amp ever so don't think I'm an idiot cause I'm asking the following:

there are 2 switches, the standby and the power on; the standby switch can be flipped in 2 directions, towards the "standby" writing or toward the "on" writing.
The question is, how should I flip the switches in order to set it to standby? I thought it was with standby on "on" and power on "off" but someone said I was wrong, can you please clarify this?
have the standby flipped toward "standby"
turn on the power
wait
flip the standby to on
I want Super Saiyan abilities
the power has to be on in order for it to go to standby. simply have the standby in "standby" setting, and power in the "on" position. this is standby. after a minute or so flip the standby switch to "on".

voila. and when done playing, turn standby switch back to "standby" for a few seconds before turning power to "off".

and no, ur not dumb for asking, it's good that you got on UG and asked, potentially saving ur tubes some life.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
ok thanks, sounds like I ****ed up for 3 weeks cuz I thought it was the opposite, hopefully it hasn't caused any damage to the amp, so I presume I'll have to switch it towards standby again and then turn off the power when I'm done playing right?
Quote by slash_rocks2005
the power has to be on in order for it to go to standby. simply have the standby in "standby" setting, and power in the "on" position. this is standby. after a minute or so flip the standby switch to "on".

voila. and when done playing, turn standby switch back to "standby" for a few seconds before turning power to "off".

and no, ur not dumb for asking, it's good that you got on UG and asked, potentially saving ur tubes some life.

yeah u beat me to the post, sounds everything clear now, I hope it hasn't damaged the valves since I've been dooing the wrong thing for quite sometime, the amp is still playing great tho , but could it have decreased the valves lifespan by doing this?
chances are you nicked a lil time off the tubes' life but i'm guessing the tubes in it now are stock? if that's the case, don't even fret cuz it's not like you've cut the lifespan of some gems down. just an excuse to retube it w/ some quality tubes sooner than later.

just keep it goin the right way for now on and when the time comes you can just get some really quality tubes in there!! we all learn by mistakes
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out