Page 1 of 2
Okay I am in the band, and we have picked a Rock Band/ Guitar Hero based show for our theme for the marching band... the songs we are doing are Slow Ride, Frankenstein, Iron Man, Black Magic Woman, Godzilla, and Paranoid... but we wanted a creative name for the show... now here is my query.... What shall we call it... Thanks
wat
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
You are a member of The Band?! Wow!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
m4x ph41l

lol +1

and yes a massive 'phail' when u guys get laughed at for being such unoriginal douchebags

sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Hay guise, wuts a band?
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
And You Didn't Think Band Could Get Any Nerdier.

It like, And you will know us by the trail of our dead.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Read the op guys...it's a marching band...this is cool.

I honestly haven't a clue for a name
Nope, no sig here.
uh Marching Band Hero?

No game system required?

Guitar Hero / Rock band meets a real band?

Game system meets real instruments?

Band Hero III

Guitar Hero: Marching Band Edition
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
Okay due to the massive amounts of hipocritical assholes on this site.... I am in the Marching Band at my school is guess since "the band" isn't short for marching band any where but where I live... and none of you have never been in band so i don't think any of you stuck up dicksuckers have any right to say what is nerdy and what is not... and just because we chose a show that we like, you call us unoriginal, yet if I said you like Metallica, The Mars Volta, The Beatles, or The Red Hot Chili Peppers so you must be unoriginal because so many people like those bands, you pricks would suddenly be on your periods and would get very angry all of a sudden...
You guys should be playing

Hellacopters - I'm in the Band

on a 4 hour repeat.
D:
Signature.
I'm in the orchestra, which is similar to band but more badass, so my following opinion is valid.

That's very, very lame.
Quote by Mackawade
Okay due to the massive amounts of hipocritical assholes on this site.... I am in the Marching Band at my school is guess since "the band" isn't short for marching band any where but where I live... and none of you have never been in band so i don't think any of you stuck up dicksuckers have any right to say what is nerdy and what is not... and just because we chose a show that we like, you call us unoriginal, yet if I said you like Metallica, The Mars Volta, The Beatles, or The Red Hot Chili Peppers so you must be unoriginal because so many people like those bands, you pricks would suddenly be on your periods and would get very angry all of a sudden...

I have been in band, actually. So I can still say it is nerdy. I was a percussionist.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Mackawade

Now we really want to help.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Mackawade

If you're going to get butt hurt over people joking around why does the title call out for smart-mouths?
D:
Signature.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I have been in band, actually. So I can still say it is nerdy. I was a percussionist.

I'm gonna assume you're the xylophonist who plays Girls by the Beastie Boys all day?
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm gonna assume you're the xylophonist who plays Girls by the Beastie Boys all day?

No, I played my instructor's emotions, really. Anything to piss the guy off and get those veins buldging out of his neck.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And You Didn't Think Band Could Get Any Nerdier.

It like, And you will know us by the trail of our dead.

Except the band "And you will know us by the trail of the dead." has original material and musical talent.

Whereas this "band" of sorts imitates old songs, some good, some bad, but none original any more.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Except the band "And you will know us by the trail of the dead." has original material and musical talent.

Whereas this "band" of sorts imitates old songs, some good, some bad, but none original any more.

School marching bands usually have talent, dude.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Mackawade

wow, you're a loser, go kill yourself.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, I played my instructor's emotions, really. Anything to piss the guy off and get those veins buldging out of his neck.

The percussions were probably the sounds of his aneurysm's popping.
uh... I think the unoriginal would be due to picking all Guitar Hero / Rock Band songs and themeing your show around that...

Original would be making your own list of stuff up... if you insisted on guitar hero etc trying to find some way to tie in the guitar hereo/rock band theme but NOT using a huge list of songs from that... instead going hey if you're going to go guitar hero maybe you need to do it with THESE songs and rock them hard....

instead you went with something popular right now from a mass agreement of the popular rather then doing the work to come up with something that was NOT based on popular culture right now.

bam. Justified calling it unoriginal the way I look at it.
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
Quote by InvaderTSN
The percussions were probably the sounds of his aneurysm's popping.

Actually, the lack of percussion was. You shoulda seen the temper he had when I missed a concert because my friend was being shipped off to Iraq and I wanted to say goodbye before he left.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
School marching bands usually have talent, dude.

Not necessarily. If they are really playing all of those easy as **** songs, they don't.

They should pick something super difficult, or if nothing else completely annoying.

Why not top off that list with "Through the fire and the flames"

you would probably get booed off the stage though.

I'm probably just biased because i really hated the band kids in high school though, they acted like such assholes to us lowly non-band musicians.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Actually, the lack of percussion was. You shoulda seen the temper he had when I missed a concert because my friend was being shipped off to Iraq and I wanted to say goodbye before he left.

So yeah, were you the xylophonist who just played Girls all the time? That's what I would've done if I had to play the xylophone.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
Not necessarily. If they are really playing all of those easy as **** songs, they don't.

They should pick something super difficult, or if nothing else completely annoying.

Why not top off that list with "Through the fire and the flames"

you would probably get booed off the stage though.

I'm probably just biased because i really hated the band kids in high school though, they acted like such assholes to us lowly non-band musicians.

All you punkers seem to be under the impression that everyone is against you.
Quote by InvaderTSN
So yeah, were you the xylophonist who just played Girls all the time? That's what I would've done if I had to play the xylophone.

No, but I would add things when I felt like it. Or changed the time signature slightly to see if he'd notice.. And at some point I threw a drum stick because his baton flew out of his hand towards us once.
Quote by vintage x metal

No, not everyone is against me. Just all those band kids with their fancy musical training ****.

pfft, i never had the heart to tell them that i was a classically trained bassist and that their jazz band's bassist was very bad.

I could site read better than he could perform a piece he'd learned from class.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, but I would add things when I felt like it. Or changed the time signature slightly to see if he'd notice.. And at some point I threw a drum stick because his baton flew out of his hand towards us once.

He probably just wanted you to shake hands with his penis.
Quote by InvaderTSN
He probably just wanted you to shake hands with his penis.

He was a hateful bastard, I tell you what.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
No, not everyone is against me. Just all those band kids with their fancy musical training ****.

pfft, i never had the heart to tell them that i was a classically trained bassist and that their jazz band's bassist was very bad.

I could site read better than he could perform a piece he'd learned from class.

The same thing could be said about a lot of punk rocker's attitudes towards a lot of stuff, though. Really, you should probably care a lot less than you do.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by lbritish
uh... I think the unoriginal would be due to picking all Guitar Hero / Rock Band songs and themeing your show around that...

Original would be making your own list of stuff up... if you insisted on guitar hero etc trying to find some way to tie in the guitar hereo/rock band theme but NOT using a huge list of songs from that... instead going hey if you're going to go guitar hero maybe you need to do it with THESE songs and rock them hard....

instead you went with something popular right now from a mass agreement of the popular rather then doing the work to come up with something that was NOT based on popular culture right now.

bam. Justified calling it unoriginal the way I look at it.

Okay our band director won't buy new music for some reason so we had to pick songs he had music for and we found enough guitar hero/ rock band songs to do a show about that... i wanted to do a pink floyd show mostly because i've never seen a pink floyd show done... but that failed because our director doesn't have any pink floyd so i voted for the guitar hero/ rock band show because i like the songs, and i just wanted a few creative names not a discussion over whether band is nerdy or not
Quote by Mackawade
Okay our band director won't buy new music for some reason so we had to pick songs he had music for and we found enough guitar hero/ rock band songs to do a show about that... i wanted to do a pink floyd show mostly because i've never seen a pink floyd show done... but that failed because our director doesn't have any pink floyd so i voted for the guitar hero/ rock band show because i like the songs, and i just wanted a few creative names not a discussion over whether band is nerdy or not

My name was about how its nerdy. Its fitting, its catchy.

School band=Nerdy.

Video games=Nerdy.

Combines=Very very nerdy.

But seriously, do Frank Zappa music. If you dare.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Mackawade

why? a score isnt hard to get your hands on moneywise. how big and how good is your marching band?

EDIT:
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Frank Zappa music. If you dare.

I've seen a percussion ensemble do that, i was not impressed with their interpretation.

DOUBLE EDIT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kw1cSK6r2rE&feature=related
Last edited by StageLife30 at May 20, 2008,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
He was a hateful bastard, I tell you what.

Doesn't change the fact he was a pedo.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Combines=Very very nerdy.

Shh! They can hear you!
Page 1 of 2