Ok, Im customizing my bass guitar (Samick Bk42 Stingray copy) and I want to do more then just replacing the tone and/or pickup. I hav 2 ideas, one more possible than the other most likely.

-In-built distortion: Im sure this is "reserved" (for lack of a better word) for guitars, but so hav lots of things before people liked to used them in basses. What I would like specifically is an on/off switch, Distortion volume, and anything else that might be needed. Also, I would like to know whether I should place this before, in the middle, or after the standard Volume and Tone setup on it.

-This one might be a bit hard to explain (its only an idea anyway), but if anyone knows of a way to put an octave knob on a guitar (bass more so) that would help. What I mean is a digital "wammy" that will smoothly go from 0 - normal sound - to 100 - an octave higher. Bit of a fantasy, is it not?

Ideas about this, and anything I could also add to it, would be great. I am also gonna put up my full project plan and pictures up soon
To do list:

Finish do-up of Samick MM copy bass
Convert Daphon wah to Crybaby Bass wah
Get an Electric guitar!
What, no help?
To do list:

Get an Electric guitar!
Well the built in effects is totally 'doable' Just link in a pedal where the jack is in the bass, swap the footswitch for a switch, drill a couple of holes for your knobs, and there you have it.
Also make sure there's enough room in your guitar for the PCB's and battery for the pedal .

As for the octave knob, i have no idea, only thing i can think of is using an octave pedal but not sure. You'll need someone else's help on that one.
Ok thanks for that, might need to do some routing, but as u said, its doable
To do list:

Get an Electric guitar!