Hey, thanks for helping. I'm leaving for the Marines in the fall. After basic and MOS training I'll obviously be living on base till a deployment. You can bring instruments there but my JSX is probably a little too much. I can have it shipped but its somwhat of a hassle. It probably isn't fun to have a pissed Marine room mate either due to the noise. I was thinking that I'd work out a Amplitube 2 deal on a new laptop after selling my current rig. I dont gig or anything so that's not a big deal but I do like to write songs. I was just wondering what I have to do to be able to start recording amlplitube 2 with drum tracks on my computer. It just always seems like "this program goes with this, and you'll need this for recording and this for the drums." Any help or suggestions would be great. I've never gotten into computer recording so advice on progams or computer specs is appreciated.

Also but least important... How does guitar rig compare to Amplitube?

Thanks. I know its a lot. lol
Amplitube sounds more realistic to me...less effects than Guitar Rig but sounds better IMO, more "in your face!". But you should check out for the new Peavey Revalver software!!! I tried the demo last weekend and it sounds really good! You have all Peavey amps so you can still play with a XXX! As for recording software, look for Sonar 7. There's a good drum software built-in and you can also use Amplitube or Revalver as a plugin....very easy to use too!
((( KoskineN )))

-ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VHB
-Fender Telecaster Lite Ash
-Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo
-Fulltone Clyde Dlx, OCD, '69
-Boss BD-2, CE-5, DD-20, TU-2, RC-2
-MXR Phase 90 & EVH Flanger
-EHX Little Big Muff - Holy Grail - Micro POG
Last edited by KoskineN at May 20, 2008,
I personally feel that Guitar Rig is WAY nicer than Amplitube. IMO it sounds SO much better, and you have WAY more versatility in it. Also, for drum plugins, I REALLY like Toontrack EZDrummer. It actually sounds VERY realistic. As for recording software, I use ProTools with my MBox2, but Sonar is great, as well as cubase.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by KoskineN
Amplitube sounds more realistic to me...less effects than Guitar Rig but sounds better IMO, more "in your face!". But you should check out for the new Peavey Revalver software!!! I tried the demo last weekend and it sounds really good! You have all Peavey amps so you can still play with a XXX! As for recording software, look for Sonar 7. There's a good drum software built-in and you can also use Amplitube or Revalver as a plugin....very easy to use too!

Thanks a lot. I actually haven't heard of the Peavey software before. That sounds great! I'll have to check it out.
i would just get the newest logic pro. it is gerat for recording, it has great drum sounds, and pretty nice amp moddellers.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I personally feel that Guitar Rig is WAY nicer than Amplitube. IMO it sounds SO much better, and you have WAY more versatility in it. Also, for drum plugins, I REALLY like Toontrack EZDrummer. It actually sounds VERY realistic. As for recording software, I use ProTools with my MBox2, but Sonar is great, as well as cubase.

lol It seems a lot of people have different opinions on which sounds better. It might be a personal opinion thing like anything other guitar gear. The drum software worried me the most so I'll definitely check that EZDrummer out. I've read ProTools works really well. Is it pretty simple fitting tracks from all the programs together? Sometimes it just looks so overwhelming with all the tweaking a options.
lol, it looks overwhelming at first, but once you get ahold of the interface, its REALLY easy. When you install the plugins, you just open pro tools, click on the plugin drop down tab on a specific channel, and add whatever you want. Compressors, eqs, instruments, synth stuff... its a lot of fun!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.