Ok, so I have a strat copy in quite poor condition. Even if I perfectly tune it using different methods (harmonics etc), the further up the neck, the more the b string grows out of tune.

Eg: the E on the B string, 17th fret will sound lower than the 12th fret e on the High e string, while the 5th fret E on the B string will be the same as the open high E string.

I have tried replacing the string, but to no avail.
What is the problem?
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
probly intonation but when I had a problem like that I just raised the action and it stopped so I advise you heighten the action adjust the intonation then use a lighter string
thread starter, you want to start with a level bridge.

after you're happy with that, and the action, then intonate.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

if you cant find the harmonic, then compare the open string note to the fretted 12th note.

and RETUNE the opne string after every screw adjustment.

tune, fret, compare, adjust, then retune.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011