Page 1 of 2
Batman Beyond was awful. Except it had Eric Matthews in the show.. But he was also Ron Possible..

Anyway, Life with Loopy for the win. I loved the animation on that show.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.

Ftw.

Are Ren and Stimpy still going?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Guitarfreak217
OHH..life with loopy was on kahblam...that also had the freaky naked superhero dude...

If you can remember his name without using the internet, I'll give you an e-cookie.

I recently bought the encyclopedia of nicktoons for like.. forty five bucks. Best money I ever spent. It tells you all kinds of cool stuff about the shows I loved. For example, Doug started off as a children's book, and then a grape juice mascot.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, but I wish I could see the original plans for Ren and Stimpy. Originally, it wasn't going to be about them. They were just side characters on a show about a kid who was bullied a lot. But, the producers felt that Ren and Stimpy would be more popular with kids.

..I mean, who the hell doesn't still have their Ren and Stimpy dolls from when they were a kid?
Quote by vintage x metal

Sweet, might have to check it out. Also, Cow and Chicken were the shizzle.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Sweet, might have to check it out. Also, Cow and Chicken were the shizzle.

Get out.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Get out.

Srsly? You never liked Cow and Chicken?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Srsly? You never liked Cow and Chicken?

No, that show pissed me off more than anything else ever has. I kinda liked the Weasel and Baboon.. But aside from that, the show annoyed me. I wanted to cut that Red Guy's head off and staple it to the Cow's udders, and then ram the chicken up her ass.

..And it was disgusting.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, that show pissed me off more than anything else ever has. I kinda liked the Weasel and Baboon.. But aside from that, the show annoyed me. I wanted to cut that Red Guy's head off and staple it to the Cow's udders, and then ram the chicken up her ass.

..And it was disgusting.

It was my childhood. And I just googled Weasel and Baboon, and the memories rushed back... Cartoon Network in 1998 ftw. I still remember the theme tune.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It was my childhood. And I just googled Weasel and Baboon, and the memories rushed back... Cartoon Network in 1998 ftw. I still remember the theme tune.

Mama had a chicken, mama had a cow, dad was proud, he didn't care how.

...I hated the parents on that show, too. Actually, I think I hated almost every show that was ever on Cartoon Network. Nick at least had the fact that their cartoons were pretty ground breaking for their day. Each one had a different animation style, different humor, different stories, etc, etc. And they started a lot of careers, and seemed like they were appealing to adults as well as children. Cartoon Network never really did that with their cartoons, they all seemed the same to me. I hated Cartoon Network.
Quote by vintage x metal

We only ever had Nick on to watch Ren and Stimpy becasue my dad found it hilarious. Most of the time it was CN... I was 9 at the time and I missed out on broadcasting gold

And it was wierd how C & C's parents didn't have torsos, that freaked me out.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
When I was a kid, my dad brought home a bunch of banned cartoons. Some of them had naked women, some of them were just plain racist.. A lot of them were Looney Tunes. It was awesome.

To this day, I still have a crush on Betty Boop.
Quote by vintage x metal

Johnny Bravo, hell yey-yah

I'm proud to say I've never seen any Betty Boop cartoons.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Go on to youtube and search for Looney Tunes, and Black Flace. I'm sure you'll find some banned ones. You can also find Flintstones commercials of them smoking.
Quote by vintage x metal

Fantastic, will do when I get home thanks. At college right now and they don't have flash player

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yeah, in the eighties and nineties everyone got extremely PC about cartoons in terms of racial stuff. Like, Looney Tunes had to ban Speedy Gonzales shorts for awhile in case they offended Mexicans. But then Mexican groups stepped in, including the government of Mexico, and said that they shouldn't ban them because Speedy is a positive role model.

..Because the only other role model we have is Cheech.
Quote by vintage x metal

Cheech. That's pretty interesting actually, they still show Loony Tunes over here like, once a month. They're probably the best cartoons ever made. Mel Brooks.

Edit: Mel Brooks? Damn, I always thought he was involved for some reason, apprently he's not

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Cheech. That's pretty interesting actually, they still show Loony Tunes over here like, once a month. They're probably the best cartoons ever made. Mel Brooks.

They did cut certain things out of those cartoons. When I was a kid, I remember seeing lazy Mexican mice who were really fat sleeping in a jug of alcohol with a sombraro over their head, or being really tempermental with women. They had to cut that stuff out.

Personally, I love Mel Brooks. But I really wish they had never done Tweety and Syllvestor. I hated those two characters. That show was cool mainly because of the interaction between the music, the animation, and the story. Those three things were combined all the time. That is why it is called Loony Tunes, whereas most people seem to think it is Toons. It was actually called Loony Tunes, Merry Melodies, I think.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Edit: Mel Brooks? Damn, I always thought he was involved for some reason, apprently he's not

You maybe got him mixed up with Mel Blanc?
Quote by Sabu
You maybe got him mixed up with Mel Blanc?

This is what happens when I'm reading at typing at the same time. I didn't even notice that, and I typed that in, too.

..Mickey Rooney for the win.
Quote by vintage x metal

Hah yea, half the characters are stereotypes though, look at Yosemite Sam. And yes, Tweety annoyed the shit out of me, rip off of Tom and Jerry.

And Mel Brooks was part of it? I though so, my friend disagreed ¬_¬

Edit: Mel Blanc, yes

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Hah yea, half the characters are stereotypes though, look at Yosemite Sam. And yes, Tweety annoyed the shit out of me, rip off of Tom and Jerry.

And Mel Brooks was part of it? I though so, my friend disagreed ¬_¬

Edit: Mel Blanc, yes

Hated Tom and Jerry, too. Well.. At least.. I hated the Hannah Barbera portion. I did like Chuck Jones' version a little bit. My favorite one was when Tom and Jerry finally patched it up and they were sitting in the movie theater watching old shorts, laughing at how they used to behave. But then Jerry got mad because of something Tom had done in the past and hit him. Then it was back to square one for the two of them.

You're right about the stereotypes. Fuckin' Marvin had to ruin it for the rest of the martians.
Quote by vintage x metal

Another rush of nostalgia there... Angry Beavers. This is all I remember of my childhood and every time you mention a show I get this surge of lightheadedness

And I always thought Tweety and Sylvesters' owner as always needing a good rodgering. What a bitch she was.

Edit: oh man. I'm very annoyed. Surely martians would have more sense and techonology to stick a simple broom on a sophisticated space helmet? Couldn't agree more about Tom and Jerry too. I love the casual racism in the old ones. "Thomas!"

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at May 20, 2008,
Quote by punk_metal

These guys played the best toons ever made

AMEN!
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Another rush of nostalgia there... Angry Beavers. This is all I remember of my childhood and every time you mention a show I get this surge of lightheadedness

And I always thought Tweety and Sylvesters' owner as always needing a good rodgering. What a bitch she was.

This isn't the first time someone from a different culture has confused me. But I need to know: Is rodgering some kind of Scottish slang for sex? If so, I agree. She needed to get laid.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
This isn't the first time someone from a different culture has confused me. But I need to know: Is rodgering some kind of Scottish slang for sex? If so, I agree. She needed to get laid.

Rodgering is a cheeky way of saying sex.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Page 1 of 2